Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8,140 Posts
Hi Granny. I read your bio and it looks like although you're no mechanic you do work with milling machines etc so...things "mechanical" don't seem to intimidate you.

Disclaimer: I'm no mechanic either.

What benefit are you looking for by transforming your AWD into a FWD? If it's mileage, for example, you might want to spend your resources on the 6-speed mod (unless you already have?).

If you just want to do it because you can..then go for it. :D

One thing you might consider is that someday you may want to sell or trade your Element. A potential buyer will have to consider the fact that you did this modification. This might cause a potential buyer to walk away.

I'm 48 years old. When I was your age I did NOT have a clue about mechanics. It's very impressive that you want to take on a project like this. To me, its an indicator that you see the potential life has to offer and are willing to think beyond the current circumstances. I admire that trait and believe it will serve you well in life. Good luck on whatever course of action you choose.

- Ted

· Registered
8,140 Posts
OK. Well, you said daily driver, sponsorship, new engine, 18yr old college student, can't won't trade or sell for a new Element. I'm confused.

I don't mean to sound critical, really. I just don't understand your circumstances. Regardless, good luck with all that.

· Registered
8,140 Posts
Hi and welcome to the EOC.

The answer is yes, you can. My understanding from past discussions here is that the cost is pretty high, you'd be better off buying an AWD model than converting your 2WD.

When I was shopping for my Element, it seems like all I could find were AWD models.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I've never heard of "midnight red pearl". Can you post a picture?

EDIT: Never mind, I see its an SC model color for 2009. Did you buy and SC?

1 - 3 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.