Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I also painted by grille w/ Rustoleum Satin Black Paint and I also used that to paint my headlight housing.
it was my first time blacking out headlights and it was easier then I thought.
.All you need is to take out the F bumper
.take out the headlights which was an ease because it is only held on by 4-5 10mm bolts
.take all the bulbs and such out
.theres going to be 3 little star head screws in the back where you have to take them out
.then just put them in a oven for 10 mins @ 200 degrees
.pry it open with a flat head or a paint can opener which is highly recommended!
.the amber lenses are easily taken out with a screw driver
and here are the results...

another easy mod i did is cutting the bottom of the stock intake to allow a lot more air flow to let the engine breathe. and boy does it breathe! it also saves gas but not for me unfortunately because I love hearing the little engine roar so I mash on the gas half the time haha. After cutting it I went to buy a K&N drop in filter from pepboys for $37.99. I have to say it works just as well as a SRI or CAI for a lot cheaper!

thanks for looking! 2 more things on the way.. and its going to set my car off! :razz:

·
Registered
572 Posts
interesting on the air box. be sure to service it regularly.. i think its gunna get dirty real quick. quicker than leaving the stock snorkel in place. good job though

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I know thats why I didnt keep the OEM paper filter haha and upgraded to a k&n so I can reuse and wash it

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Good Stuff...!!!

Nice results JPhan...!

Maybe next mod, show us how its done...? LOL!!! Good start on the mods man...!

LBD

·
Registered
562 Posts
like that black grill on the asm. hoping to join you on that soon.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Nice job. Did the same to my airbox. But not as good as yours. I have the round airbox vs panel.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sweet!!!! What did you use to reseal the headlights? Any moisture/condensation problems after the headlight mod?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I hope that the next time you drive through a deep water puddle on the freeway during a rain storm that your engine doesn't ingest to much water.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
huh? there's more chance to injest at the snokle behind the headlight than where it is now, on top of the tranny/header

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet!!!! What did you use to reseal the headlights? Any moisture/condensation problems after the headlight mod?
Nope not at all.. to be honest i reused the OEM seal because its strong and there was so much of it.. I just heated it up a bit and let it dry

I hope that the next time you drive through a deep water puddle on the freeway during a rain storm that your engine doesn't ingest to much water.
Oh no.. thats why i love so cali weather and besides i wouldnt drive through a puddle that is as high as my steering wheel :twisted:

Love the headlights!
thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's pretty cool man... I have to say that I've been wanting to do something about the orange in my headlights for quite some time now, but been kinda hesitant about screwing up my headlights. I think I'm going to tackle this project (the headlights) over spring break. My only qualm with the headlight mod is the clear corner...i'd like to have the whole thing black, so I think I'm going to paint the removable orange piece black and reinstall it when I do the project. Thanks again for the write up man! :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^ yah man no prob. it would flow really well with your Grillcraft Grille. I was going to get the upper grille from grillcraft but they are kinda pricey so i just painted the stock grille. keep us updated!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread but this one seems best related to my question...to the OP and any others that have cut the bottom out of the stock airbox, did you have any issues after awhile? Just wondering how it held up over the course of many months or years?

Eventually I want to get an Injen CAI but for now I bought a new K&N drop-in air filter like the OP. So I thought about cutting the box too, or doing something else to the stock parts to increase/better the amount of air that flows through. Is there an "intake resonator" or any other parts I can remove to help without having to rig my own tubing/etc. until I get my CAI?

Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts