Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd share.
We have been trying several different harnesses for our two French Bulldogs. One tends to pull, and is hard on my wife's back when she pulls or jerks the leash (the dog, not my wife). Tried some that put pressure on the dogs "pits", so pulling is uncomfortable. Well our "pully" dog just ignores it, and our more laid-back Frenchy finds it so uncomfortable, she stopped likeing to go on walks. Talking with a local trainer, she recommended leash and harness from Ezydog. Wow, well-made stuff - and the leashes have a bungie-streatch section built in, under the braided cover. We were surprised how well it worked, at both being a "shock-absorber" on pulls, but the streatchy-ness seems to make our one not pull nearly as hard or as much. Check it out if you have a "tugger". We got the "Mutley" and two extensions - great for two dogs/one leash, on some neat swivels that keeps them from getting tangled. Oh, and the harnesses also come with great little seat-belt restraint strap-loops for in the car.
www.ezydog.com.
Alway like to come across well made, well designed stuff, even down to the stainless steel ring on the handle, for tucking your plastic pooper-scooper bags on walks. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Canine Equipment makes great stuff as well. I have the Technika step-in harness, utility clip collar and traffic leash for my 45lb siberian husky.

Canine Equipment

I also have the Element dog package collar and leash too, which are high quality, although the large is a slightly too big for my siberian.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ooohh...dog gear. I've an addiction. ;)

Top o' the line, hand-made custom leather - it's hard to beat Hogan Leather. We have her martingales and fixed collars, super quality stuff...but not cheap. She runs specials once or twice a year, with decent discounts.

Basic, high quality leads and collars for a good price: Leerburg is another of our favorites. The traffic leads are really nice when you need to keep your hounds on a short lead, and we always keep several of these slip leads around - really handy for quick hookup and control when you're just going a short distance, i.e. from the car to the park or rest area. His basic 4-6' leather leashes are also top notch - some of the best I've seen, for under $30. I've a few that are 5+ years old, and they're better than new - nice and broken in, very soft, no busted hardware or ripped seams. With three large and active dogs, we're not easy on our equipment...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've got an EzyDog harness and a Shockles bungee/springy leash thing for our 40+ pound, prone to tugging and pulling, terrier mutt. It has worked wonders. Glad other people have had good EzyDog product experiences -- I'd not heard of them before and was a bit worried.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I've got the EzyDog harness for my oldie. He is always pulling when we walk, especially when he wants to go back home and now he started caughing real bad. He will need to get used to it (has been without for 17 years) but already the first try worked great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts