Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This issue has been on the back of my mind for awhile so I thought I'd bring it up. Last summer I had to add coolant to the res. and the radiator. But by doing so, it did take care of the gurgling noise. I never had a problem with heat or with the car overheating just the gurgling noise. Well, now I see there is just a tiny bit left in the resevoir. Where is it going? I was told that it could be evaporating and I havent seen any drips in the snow. I had a civic and an accord and never had to add collant to either over a 3 year time period. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Start by changing the radiator cap!

It's not likely it's evaporating. It's something other than that. Look for bubbles in the radiator wile you have the cap off with the engine running.

A bad cap can cause the fluid to blow out of the reservoir.

Dom

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I take it then that the reservoir is not the plastic container next to the radiator?

I'm just trying to imagine fluid being blown out of that tank and must be missing something.
Yes that is the reservoir. It has a drain tube on it that will take the fluid down and out below the car. Is that tank up to the full line?

Dom

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yes that is the reservoir. It has a drain tube on it that will take the fluid down and out below the car. Is that tank up to the full line?

Dom
I never noticed the drain tube... Since I'm hearing gurgling, I'm going to assume the reservoir is bone dry. On my todo list is to get a lunch break long enough that I can drop by the Honda dealer and get a gallon of coolant so I can fix the noise. I've noticed the Honda reservoir is a bit more difficult to read than on my previous car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts