Wickedhuff
Justin
Carly
kdean maybe if back in time
Snuff?

ANY INTEREST IN?

Corn Maze Mania Meet
Sept 19, - 11:00a.m.

Saturday Morning and Afternoon Maze Mania Fun Time: This is a fun one, 8 acres, even adults have a rough time figuring it out, but fun for kids too! (they're better than we are at it)

Mike's Maze at Warner Farm
25 South Main Street
Sunderland, MA 01375

Have fun with:
Mike's Spud Accelerator
GPS points are done, please check site for info:
Click here

2009 RATES (cash or check only please):
Ages 4-12, $6
Seniors (60+) and Students with IDs- $8
Ages 13 and up, $9
Under 4- Free

Humans only. No dogs or other pets are allowed in.

We meet
at the World's Largest Milk Bottle. Say around 10:30a.m.

Address:
295 Depot Rd, Whately, MA
Directions: I-91 exits 23 (or 24). Drive north (or south) on US 5/Hwy 10, then turn west onto Depot Rd. The bottle will be on the left, outside of the old school, as the road turns left.
Hours: Always visible.

The Quonquont Dairy Milk Bottle in Whately was built around 1926 and was used for selling sandwiches, pie and ice cream. The dairy operated from 1923-1943. In 1951, it was moved across the street. It fell into disrepair and the Whately Historical Society stepped in and it was restored and moved again in 1995. It is a 16' (or 17') tall, cement-sided building.

Camping Time Info - Come and Have FUN......after the Corn Maze we can either have Dinner in an original Diner and / or go to the drive in. Some may want to do one thing and others may want the other. Either way, For those who want to camp out that Saturday night, jurn's Institute For Better Living will be open with a campfire Sat night for a relaxing time.

Camping in the rough. I'll order a porta-pottie. Haul you own water for washing and cooking as the well is low that time of year. Sorry no dogs, have enough already.
Adult Camping time.

pm me for more details or location.
suggestions welcome.

regards,
jurn

Attachments

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
ARRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

STOPITSTOPITSTOPIT!!!!!!

We have SO got to move!
We live WAY too far north!! We keep missing all the GOOD stuff!!!!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I dont think I am going to be working much at my second job in september LOL

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
I'll be in Maine stuffing my face with Lahhhbsta!!

-g

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey Folks, - If there is no interest in this gathering it will be canceled. I know there's many more MA members than last year. But it's not going to happen for 3 people (unless all 3 are new folks). Sorry.

yes Rambler, it's Charlie, and look closely at it and you'll see all the birds designed into it.
It kind of looks like your present avitar, no?, eh?

Only responding from work, computer problems at home.

jurn

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hey Jurn....'ol buddy...'ol pal!

It's great to see a Northeast Chapter meet up on the board again and I thank you for taking the time to put this together. I hope you get some more people to sign up so that you can have another fun time in Sunderland. (I lived in that town many moons ago)

Just dropping in to say hi, let you know I appreciate your efforts and hope to see you guys soon.....unfortunately it won't likely be at the Corn Maze....I guess you could say I'm not a "maze person"...the idea of trying to find my way out of an 8 acre maze frightens me!

Hope your having a fun summer now that the "monsoon season" is over.

(nice picture of Carly!)

·
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Jurn....'ol buddy...'ol pal!

It's great to see a Northeast Chapter meet up on the board again and I thank you for taking the time to put this together. I hope you get some more people to sign up so that you can have another fun time in Sunderland. (I lived in that town many moons ago)

Just dropping in to say hi, let you know I appreciate your efforts and hope to see you guys soon.....unfortunately it won't likely be at the Corn Maze....I guess you could say I'm not a "maze person"...the idea of trying to find my way out of an 8 acre maze frightens me!

Hope your having a fun summer now that the "monsoon season" is over.

(nice picture of Carly!)

Thanks for the kind words. We had a blast last year. Who wadda thunk it! A Corn Maze.

Anyway, for you....corn maze,out but.... campfire visit in, eh?

Always,
jurn

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the weekend off so Diana and I will be there! Looking forward to finally getting to meet you Jurn:D

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
sweet lady I love her alot you will too I have to try to get the weekend off I have to work a trade

·
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered the port-a-pottie today.

Uncle Mike, come visit and meet some more folks.

Justin, hope you get the weekend off.

Wicked, I know you'll be here and with a tent.

And Diane and Lorrie, so glad to meet you finally.
(we have soooo much in common)

I contacted an old friend, MysticFalcon, not sure if he'll arrive though, he's now hosting as Step dad to 2 girls. apparently who do not like corn mazes.....his loss.

If you're planning on coming please say so and I'll form a list. Even if it's just the corn maze with kids and family.

Mockswede, travel down if you're up to it and kids are secured off at college.

Boll-X, you guys free?

This is an open meet. Let's do it.

regards,
jurn

·
Registered
23 Posts
Once again, thanks fro the heads-up....Saturdays just don't work for me. I'm all over a Sunday event if one should ever happen....JRP

·
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Once again, thanks fro the heads-up....Saturdays just don't work for me. I'm all over a Sunday event if one should ever happen....JRP
Too Bad, last year it was a Sunday, where were you my friend?

(I kid here), we wondered if we would get more results for a Sat. seeing as folks go back to work on Monday.

Maybe next time......SH.

jurn

·
Registered
56 Posts
This sounds like fun, and a nice drive out from NH. I'll check w/hubbie. Otherwise, I'll come solo...always wanted to do a corn maze!!! Thanks for thinking of me!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
you fit RIGHT IN with this bunch you know

·
Registered
324 Posts
This sounds like fun, and a nice drive out from NH. I'll check w/hubbie. Otherwise, I'll come solo...always wanted to do a corn maze!!! Thanks for thinking of me!
I know you said you (or maybe it's just hubbie) don't do camping but why not consider it! You thought you had fun at wyldmoonwomens imagine how much more fun you can have if you stay over!! :D

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I know you said you (or maybe it's just hubbie) don't do camping but why not consider it! You thought you had fun at wyldmoonwomens imagine how much more fun you can have if you stay over!! :D
and with that bar option just stay there at the field, trust me no hotel really close to the field...Lorie she is all ready hooked LOL:lol:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Better slow down the typing a notch, sweetheart. I'm not sure what you're trying to say!
When has Justin posted anything that is not hard to understand? Do you think typing slowly would help? ;-)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts