Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering the correct way to lower the E without affecting the handling or damaging the tires/suspension. I know this has probably been discussed a million times, but wanted opinoins and pictures if possible. Thanks in advance. Also, does anyone have a kit for sale?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I believe Eibach builds their Prokit for your vehicle. This is a lowering spring kit that would give you a 1.5" drop in the front and a 2" drop in the rear. Let us know if we can help you with a set.

According to Eibach their Prokit will:

*Increase Vehicle Attitude
* High-Performance Handling
* Lower Center of Gravity
* Enhanced Response and Stability
* Provide and Excellent Ride Quality
* Offer a Million Mile Warranty​

Let us know if we can help you with a set. We do sell Eibach products.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I recently lower mine with Tein Basic. No matter you go with the Eibach kit or coilover, you will need the camber kit to save your tire's life.

Attached the picture of my ride before the rear camber kit install.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. I assume that instructions come with the kit and also and how to put the correct camber in also? Is it something the average joe can do, or will I need a professional?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I assume that instructions come with the kit and also and how to put the correct camber in also? Is it something the average joe can do, or will I need a professional?
Some basic instructions will come with the springs. If you're not familiar with suspension/alignment, I suggest having a professional install the kit for you.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Changing out the suspension is a fairly easy task. The only risky portion is removing the upper spring mount with the spring loaded in the strut. If you need help you could always have a little GA EOC meet and get the mods done.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Question:

I have a set of Tein Basics on there way..

I currently have 19 x8 rims with an 37mm offset..how far low can i go...also 245/45/19 series tires...do i need fender work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts