Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Element EX. I am getting a new engine and transmission, and also full exhaust (headers all the way back) and suspension. I’m trying to figure out if it would be more cost efficient to get another K24a4 or alike and get a turbo system, or if I should do an engine swap since I’m getting another transmission as well. I don’t need a huge power upgrade, but I’d like to break 220hp. The idea of a J30 or J35 is great, but too expensive. I’ll obviously be getting a JDM engine and transmission, and maybe fabricating UEL headers as well depending on price.
Anyway shoot your ideas, I have a while to decide.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Consider a k24a2 (TSX) engine and do Ktuner tuning. You first need to decide if you want to do NA or FI. Then decide your budget and power goals. 220whp is about a 100whp improvement over stock which is a lot (see my dyno thread for reference). I considered NA then changed my mind and have since ordered a supercharger for my k24a4 OEM engine. I have seen people get to 200whp with a NA k24a2 with ktuner and bolt on's like RBC manifold, header, intake. That would be all motor and in my opinion easier and more reliable that fabricating a turbo setup. A big factor for me was keeping A/C with my build. Many turbo kits delete A/C.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m already getting a better manifold, header, and the rest of the exhaust redone, which will add power, and I am getting it tuned after I get a new engine, I’ve just been exploring options really. The K24A2 was my first choice actually, I’m lowering it as well, adding a new transmission, intake system, and adding a spoiler, carbon fiber wrap on some of the plastic trim, a lip kit and maybe some kind of body kit if I can make one fit,
new headlights and taillights, fog lights, etc.
I’m essentially rebuilding the whole car.

Right now I’m running on a bad valve on cylinder 2 so even a normally running engine will be nice, but since we can restore the car rather than buy a new one, we want to beef it up a bit. I think I’m running 120hp with my stock setup (that’s before I had a bad valve too.) so hitting 200-220 is my goal, which I think I’ll hit my mark using the K24A2 plus all the other upgrades.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts