Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of us around here have serious love for Costco. We've been teased and told we act like we're in a cult, but that doesn't stop us! Here's a thread for those of us who love the Costco like nothing else.

Post your good Costco finds, Costco pics, price of gas at your local Costco - all things Costco related!

Let me start. Here's me and Rocket Dog sporting the Costco AmEx - hello dividend!

Attachments

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Robyn says: "When you drive an E you have to love Costco. When you drive a Miata there (like we did yesterday)... well, not so much."

:D

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Costco Gas

Give it to me baby....uh huh...uh huh!

COSTCO Gas. Usually 5 to 10 cents cheaper and when you use your COSTCO Amex card you get a 3 percent rebate on top of that.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the Miata you just have to be very careful! hahaha

Here's me at the Eugene, Oregon Costco last weekend ... while camping! Filled up the tank and got lunch - no camp stove necessary! I also bought a new road atlas while I was there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
There are so many similarities between programs that run in Costco and Sam's Club are they owned by the same parent company?

Used both, Love em both. No way to have a membership if you only have a small car:D

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
There are so many similarities between programs that run in Costco and Sam's Club are they owned by the same parent company?

Used both, Love em both. No way to have a membership if you only have a small car:D
COSTCO pays their employees more. Each store is more profitable, but Sam's has many more stores.

I think Sam's Club and BJ's both have a broader selection of line items.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
No. Costco is a self-contained corporation run out of the Seattle area, Sam's Club is a Wal-Mart company. Similar business model, that's all.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
BJ's is just closer to us, so we've had a membership there in the past. I let our membership expire recently primarily because I no longer have kids in diapers (saved tons of money!) and I moved from right around the corner to a few miles away.

BJ's offers great gas discounts, but so does my local grocery store (Giant- plus they watch my kids while I shop for free!).

I've heard some great things about Costco, but with the price of gas it just isn't worth travelling. Periodically they will offer free limited time memberships, so maybe I will check them out then.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I like BJ's , costco, and sams. That being said, BJ's is about 9 miles away and sams and costco almost 25 each and on the outskirts of Baltimore. So you can understand why BJ's is the most shopped by me and my family.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Give it to me baby....uh huh...uh huh!

COSTCO Gas. Usually 5 to 10 cents cheaper and when you use your COSTCO Amex card you get a 3 percent rebate on top of that.
Nerd!

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Ugh!

Here's me at the Eugene, Oregon Costco last weekend ... while camping! Filled up the tank and got lunch - no camp stove necessary! I also bought a new road atlas while I was there.
Junebug?

Do you have a floor to ceiling map of Costco on your bedroom wall with little pushpins marking the locations of all Costco stores?

-g

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts

but...but...but.. I wanna know what your shirt says...??? Something about bumps and lumps?:twisted:

me jurn

·
Registered
68 Posts

Nice Shirt!!! The best ski resort - I worked there through Highschool and College, and last season was super sick.

By the way - I like Costco (especially the blue diamond smoked almonds).

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I buy my Kashi cereals there. Also make up trail mix from bags of things like raisins, cashews, M&M's, and granolas.

My kids love their bagels. Around the holidays they stock nice cases of Sam Adams varieties.

At the National Meet COSTCO saved me when my battery died. :)

EDIT: Wait there's more! If you're hosting a sleepover for hungry teenagers, COSTCO pizza! Cheap, oily, and huge (kinda like a prom date I once had)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Costco rules!!!! We are always in there. We booked a cruise with Costco Travel last month and received a $200 ship credit as a thank you. Plus I'd sell G's Costco-Hatin' soul for one of their rotisserie chickens....oh yea...I'd do it......:rolleyes::D

1 - 20 of 163 Posts