Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Its an Element on the cover!! I stopped by my local Costco few weeks ago, they were featuring an 09 SC.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I took HEAT for taking pictures of my element in the parking lot of a Costco a few weeks ago. It was brutal.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
i know theres an element on the cover, i meant like what is it meaning like is it stuff for the E ?
Nah, they're selling them in six-packs now.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Oh, the E as vehicle of choice for Costco runs is so yesterday. Last couple of trips have been in our 14' box truck.

:D

Seriously... with membership renewal up in a few weeks, on the last trip we were hit-up by a service rep about upgrading to "Executive Membership" for the extra $50/yr. The blah-blah-blah sales pitch started with "I see you've spent $X at Costco in the past year. Are you aware that the Executive Membership gives you a 2% rebate except on gas, pharmacy, tires... ?" In a small way the pitch offended me, because the $X was mostly gas, tires and pharmacy, and any rebate on the small amount remaining would be nowhere close to recouping the extra cost of the "premium" membership.

It's sort of a micro example of our experiences there. Costco is sort of in love/hate cycles for us; I do think we'll renew this time. We typically barely recover the membership fee, and that's only if we shop really, really carefully and avoid the impulse-buy items or the "seems good" infrequent buys that in some cases are seriously overpriced.

"What you want for lunch, dear?"

"How about a good heaping portion of heartburn?"

"Oh! Costco hot dogs! Let's go!"

:chuckle:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Cool to see the E on the Costco mailer.

I am in the same boat with the big club stores Mike. It seems that if we only purchase the few things we really need in bulk we hardly make up for the membership but we end up spending extra on impulse buys that we could have lived with out. My in-laws have memberships to Sam's and Costco for their business so we just mooch off of them.:lol:

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Clearly I'm a Costco fan (see sig!), and can't wait to get my mag and see the Element! Yay!

My Costco AmEx gives a rebate on gas (and other stuff), and works for me, but I recognize that it isn't for everyone. I'm lucky to live so close to one that I can do all my fueling up there, and can run down for just a couple items.

In a few weeks, I'm hosting a wine and cheese party, featuring some of the really nice cheeses from Costco.

·
Registered
394 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts