Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.

I'm just sick! I have a 2005 EX. It has a dreadful Magnadyne Silencer 7919A alarm system on it. It must be removed, because it's glitching badly (alarm sounds when I try to start it, immobilizer kicks in).

When I first called the closest Honda place which is 60 mi from me, they quoted me 2 hours of labor for $225 and $67 for a starter harness (mine has been cut).

Today they changed that estimate saying that things have changed since the 2005 model and they will have to pull out the dash. Labor will now be $500 for approx 5 hours, and the part (wires) will cost $127. I'm taking it Wednesday for them to look at.

Does this sound right? Any suggestions as to other options?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I'd take it to an Auto Sound and Alarm company to get thier take on it
labor sounds WAY WAY high

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I'd take it to an Auto Sound and Alarm company to get thier take on it
labor sounds WAY WAY high
I agree, call around to a few Indy shops and ask what they would charge - $500 is way too high. When my daughters alarm went South, local shop disconnected it and bypassed it for $50.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow, what a rip off. If you were closer to NYC, I would have done it for you for free. Try a video/audio/performance shop. You shouldn't be paying any more than $75 for an alarm to be completely removed.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The other thing is to find the module box and just unplug it. If it douesn't start after that there will be a small black relay that they cut into the starter wire and you will have to jump that and the car will work normally. I am guessing but the relay terminal numbers that the start wire are on is 86 and or 87 -87a. the 30 and 31 are the coil for the relay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts