Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st post here. Im a soon to be owner of a 2009 e i was wondering if it is possible to buy the oem rear sunroof for an 08 and install it in the 09?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was an option but i plan on building a sleeping platform in the e and i like the ease of opening and closing (or removing) the sunroof without turning on the vehicle. Can you get a webasto in the rear of the vehicle?

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
It is probably better to work with a conventional after market sun roof installer.

My guess is that the only Honda part that you can readily buy is the glass. That means you have to still worry about cutting the hole in the roof, rolling the edges, fabricating the frame that the glass beds in. In addition you have to install some sort of water drain - Honda uses 4 tubes that run under the interior trim. And don't forget about modifying the ceiling liner.

Awful lot of work for the do-it-yourself type, especially if this is your first skylight. If it isn't done right you'll get wind whistles, rain leaks, and ugly appearance (inside and out).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies. i guess it would be hard to find all the parts and i was thinking if i did find them that any sunroof installer could do the work but i guess it would be less troublesome just to get an installer to put in one they are comfortable installing.

·
Registered
834 Posts
thanks for the replies. i guess it would be hard to find all the parts and i was thinking if i did find them that any sunroof installer could do the work but i guess it would be less troublesome just to get an installer to put in one they are comfortable installing.
I agree with all that said, I myself end up and stock with the OE moon roof for 2 years now, Webasco will not do it for me due to car damaged liability cutting the roof of my E, I even try Body Shop, personal friend and will charge me 2k for all the work, keep in mind the water drain flow if isn't installed properly, so i gave up the idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts