Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Patience?

I got set on an E four months ago, but wanted 4wd, 5spd, SRS and SOP.

Finally got it ordered in April from a dealer ~70 miles away -- everyone in the immediate Seattle area is either price-gouging or price-gouging AND simply arrogant. I finally find a human salesman in Olympia, but my big discount? $100 off MSRP.

Hooray for supply and demand in the Pacific Northwest (note: sarcastic tone here).

Phone call in May: Honda has "reallocated" your order: did a side-airbag-ectomy. I was offered my configuration minus SRS. I passed on the vehicle and went back into the order pool.

Finally a phone call this month: Honda accepted the order: Build date range of 7/12-7/16.

So, come another month or so, I may actually join this gang...

Anyone want an '03 Passat?

Patience...

· Registered
71 Posts
I feel your pain robkap. I bought my SLM Ex awd auto from Hinshaw Honda May 25th and it took 6 hours of negotiating the price down from 24500 with no options. I told the sales guy for that much money I could fly to Florida and enjoy a vacation at Disney World. Then buy one down there and drive it back and I would come out ahead. In the end I got them down to 21999.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.