Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm just checking in, Name's Dave, and I am a moderator at the CRV-oc, and I wanted to prowl around the EOC, since you guys have a lot of cool mods and such and fun people around. Please forgive me for having a CRV, I'm sure we can get over it in the future and still be friends!

Just a few shots of my V,

2002 Cr-v EX, Custom Viper GTS Blue paint

Engine:
Dragon Intake By Weapon R
Blue Painted Engine covers
Silver painted body in engine bay
Hood damper (project in progress)

Exterior:
Custom Paint
Shaved blinkers rear (painted the yellow, gross yellow to black trim)
Got rid of "H" logo on rear window (it was off center... didn't like)
No tire cover
Painted stock grill completely black and have custom made mesh one
Roof rack

Interior:
Painted all Light brown pieces black, everything else is original shades of tan
Removed picnic table, built sub enclosure into the floor
Mounted Amplifiers under front seats
Hidden Sirius Satelite receiver in Front center cubby
Kenwood KCD (I think) series receiver
Tweeters mounted to window sails.
Ammeter mounted on A-pillar (lots of power usage in this car!)
And some other stuff,

But time for pictures!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And some more:

Sub's been changed from a JAckhammer to an Audiobahn 13lb piston solid aluminum woofer (It's amazing, and power hogging too)

And with that, that's me, and that's my intro to my car, Alexis, the Cr-Viper

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Welcome to the EOC, Dave! That is a gorgeous ride you have there even though it's not an E. ;-)

I like that blue.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Never seen CR-V from the inside before, that is where the heater/ac knob comes from. I guess I should've known that Honda uses a lot of the same parts in different cars which is a good thing so it's easier to find parts.

That CR-V reminds me of un-square Element ;-)

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Hi Dave.

Welcome to the EOC !!

Having come over to an E from a CRV, I can Appreciate your Efforts.

It looks good!

I can tell you that the fingers on my right hand are still sore> The shifter would get them each and every time I went to change the radio station!

What a Hokey place to put a shifter!!

Don't Hang out on this sight too often though.. The Element is not a car, It's a Disease, and it's more contagious than H1N1 !!!

Like we always say, Resistance is Futile, You will be Assimilated !!

Dom

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone, as to the shifter, I took it off, then bent the rod straight (it was just a piece of tubing with threading on the end wrapped in electrical tape to be black-cheap) so I bent it straight, and put an extension on it, the put a ball knob on it and relocated overdrive switch to the dash. It's definitly a lot better. I had my hand smashed on it a few times as well.

You can sort-of see the shifter in the first pic I posted above and when it wasn't quite straight, but still with the ball in the 4th pic, which is the day I vacuumed the itnerior of my car and oh, did it make a difference...

Once again, thanks everyone for the comments.:D

It's come really far from how i got it:

And then a quick shot of my hidden Sirius setup:

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the group - I posted on the CR-v'res but there wasn't much activity there..............wife has a 07 TRP

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
That V has come a long way.:D

Love the two tone engine bay.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, I tried some of your guy's home depot gutter guard mod. I did not like the brown, or the white, so I bought it and some silver spray paint so it would look more like aluminum, or at least shiny to match my new billet grill, which I also installed today. I found another mod, which is the Home Depot front spoiler lip, and it was only $9.00. The key is garage door sealer. It comes in a roll in a package, and it works perfectly, and conforms to the shape of your front bumper, and is darker plasticy black. All said, the new front end looks like so, starting today:

(Oh, and that gutter guard mod isn't a joke anymore, now that a rock flew through my condensor and i need $700 to replace/repair it... I'd spend the $1.50 early and just do the mod)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts