Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyones contacted H&A about the cracking problem with the bug deflector? Does Honda OEM's have a 90 days or manufacture warranties?

This $106 crack is really bugs me! :x

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote:cf248414a7="StLouisPenguin"]I haven't contacted H and A for two reasons....

1. I cracked it myself!

2. It is such a small crack that it is not even really noticable, and it is performing it's task, so I am really not concerned[/quote:cf248414a7]

Diane,

I don't know either blames it on myself or the deflector, but I have installed many other bug deflectors before and never have this cracking problem.

It shouldn't have cracked, if it is a well engineered product :!:
(It is a Honda after all)

Thanks, Diane

· Registered
1,620 Posts
More power too you! Contact H and A and let me know what they say. I am just stating why I haven't contacted them. I just feel that I cracked it, so why should someone else have to replace it, but you are correct if there is a design problem, but then every single bug deflector would have cracked or will crack, right?

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote:dd4087b9ba="StLouisPenguin"]More power too you! Contact H and A and let me know what they say. I am just stating why I haven't contacted them. I just feel that I cracked it, so why should someone else have to replace it, but you are correct if there is a design problem, but then every single bug deflector would have cracked or will crack, right?[/quote:dd4087b9ba]

Diane,

Some how, I sense that you don't feel the way I do?
Just like anythings in nature, time will take it toll, even our beloved Elements. Nothing last forever, especially good things.

Thanks again for your inputs.

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote:cc33b24035="Itchy"]I just put mine on today and no crack :lol: You just have screw them just right not to tight just snug[/quote:cc33b24035]

That great Itchy,

I just hoped, I'll get another chance at it.

Enjoy,

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote:f35880a87f="KASSY"]Dealer installed mine and they too cracked it! They ordered the replacement just came in today glad I did not install it seems like the plastic may be weak at certain points.[/quote:f35880a87f]

Kassy,

I E-mailed H and A and this is what Bill says.

"Hi,

Sorry to hear there is a problem. This is an issue that would best be taken up with your local dealer as a possible part warranty issue as the item may need to be inspected while mounted.

It does not matter where you purchased the item. ALL Honda dealers in the U.S. are bound by their franchise agreement with Honda to honor the Honda warranty on Genuine Honda accessories, regardless of which dealer they are purchased from. But they do need to be inspected by a dealer representative. We are a Honda dealer (#206529) - all you need is your invoice from us which has the dealer number listed on the lower left in the fine print, as proof of purchase. If you don't have it we can fax a copy. Please let us know immediately if your local dealer refuses to assist you, Or if you have any further concerns or questions.

Thanks,

Bill - HandA-Accessories"

So I'll be heading to my dealer and see what they have to say.

I'll give you guys the updates.

· Registered
79 Posts
I ordered the deflector from H & A and installed it myself. It was very easy to install and no cracks. Maybe you screwed it in too tight. Definately do not use an electric screw driver. Just do it by hand because this is not wood, it is thin plastic and will crack if you put to much torque on it. Just screw it in enough so that if you try to move the deflector by hand, it will not move.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.