Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a follow up to my previous post:

On Tuesday 6/24 my windshiled cracked while during highway driving. I did not hear or see anything hit the windshield.

I visited the dealer on Friday, 6/27. The service rep pointed out to me a small gouge in the glass (where the crack started). So, it falls under insurance repair. Both the dealer and my insurance company recommend the same glass outfit. The new windshiled was installed this morning.

I asked the business manager if they were seeing many E's -- her reply -- yes, a LOT of them.

Oh well....I still love my E, but would not be surprised if there isn't another new windshield or two in the future.

·
Registered
52 Posts
After I got my windshield replace I was hit so hard by a rock I could feel the jolt. Guess what, no crack ... not even a chip and it has been at least a month.

Maybe the Service Bulletin modification they did when they replace it worked! You know, the pounding down of the what-chi-mi-hoochies.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I am begining to think that the cracked windshield is an "official" sign that you are an Element owner....it's like you get the crack and then you can on about ownership and be at one with your E!

At least that is what happened to me....my windshield cracked a little over a month into ownership....took a rock hard on the highway....and since then no problems, and I have taken more rocks since I got the new windshield.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts