Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
462 miles, 5 days old, left the house this morn for breakfast, guess what I see.......a cracked windshield. Went by the Honda dealer, service rep says it's the second one this week. It was not damaged by a rock, crack started at the bottom center and currently is about a quarter of the way u the windshield. Is Honda going to issue a TSB on this or will each Element owner get to go through this hassle?

:?: :twisted:

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm confused. I thought that the service bulletin covered vehicles made through around April and that the problem had been resolved in vehicles built after those VINs.

elementry, what's your VIN? If your E is only a few days old, I would have assumed that the VIN is well outside the range of the SB.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Foxtail: vin is 5j6yh285731l017589, let me know what you see oh great one!

:lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks also to SteveO for link info. :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well, if I read your VIN right, your E does fall into the range covered by the TSB. The numbers covered for the 4WD are from 3L000001 through 3L022888.

The reason that I thought it was strange is that I bought my E on April 30th, and my VIN is around 23500, so I assumed that, given the speed they are selling, that a new E would be a later VIN.

I'm glad you'll be covered by the TSB!

Kristi

·
Registered
156 Posts
[quote:2c045cb242="foxtail"]Well, if I read your VIN right, your E does fall into the range covered by the TSB. The numbers covered for the 4WD are from 3L000001 through 3L022888.

The reason that I thought it was strange is that I bought my E on April 30th, and my VIN is around 23500, so I assumed that, given the speed they are selling, that a new E would be a later VIN.

I'm glad you'll be covered by the TSB!

Kristi[/quote:2c045cb242]

I also thought this strange, but in some parts of the country the E sits around for a while. One advantage of 5spd 4wd EX is you KNOW you are gonna be outside those vins affected by that tsb. But the majority of folks have to be up on their E sites and able to put that vin/tsb together b4 purchase of their automatic. Tough stuff. Anyway, there is a fix, albeit a pain in the butt, sorry again for your luck, and don't let the dealer give you any crap. Sounds like they are good, though, so you shouldn't have to worry about it. Good luck, and check those other tsb's (tsb section of forum) for other issues. Nothing big, just little stuff, thankfully.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts