Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my elemnt for about 4 months, and baby it like crazy. I only have 2,400 miles on it. I got in the car yesterday for a long drive, it was raining and crappy. I went to pick up something to eat, and when I got back in the car I noticed a crack at the bottom drivers side base of the winshield. I was freaked, I look at it closer and there was no chip indicating it was hit by an object. I started to get an uneasy feeling that this may be a more serious design problem. I calle dHonda and got a case # and they said someone would call back next week. Has anyone else had this problem? :(

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
There are several threads realted to windshield cracking already in the forum. I suggest looking at those as your questions have already been answered in those threads.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Your dealer will have a technical service bulletin (TSB) relating to cracked winshields and how to fix the common cause of the problem. Given that Honda issued the TSB, it would indicate the fault is a fairly common one in early-build Elements. If your dealer inspects your windshield and agrees there is no impact that caused the crack, they should replace it for free under the warranty since the cause is likely to be a fault in construction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the info thanks, even got a print out of the service bulletin. It just suck dealing with dealerships.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts