Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Been a while since I have been on.

I am experiencing a strange kind of crackling/cracking sound in the front end of my element when I accelerate from stop. I have a suspicion that it might be the front struts, but I am not really 100% sure. A friend told me it could be the struts or the CV joints. I really dont know. It only does it when I accelerate from stop and its only coming from the front end. It sounds like its coming from under the drivers side. Any ideas? I know its not a lot of info. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Front End Noise

I had a similar noise that you describe however mine occured when I backed out of or entered my driveway. I replaced the front stabilizer bar links and I have not heard the noise since. It does not sound like the CV joints to me as they would make noise when turning as well. It is also unlikely that it would be the struts but could be the bearings in the strut mount. Have you looked at your motor mounts? You said it only happens upon acceleration. im sure others will weigh in as well. Hope this helps. And...welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not checked the motor mounts, but I can take a look at them later today. I really dont know what it could be, those were just some things I thought it might be, probably way off though lol. I dont know too much about car stuff, but I would like to have an idea of what this could be before I take it to a shop. Thanks for the response man!!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Without being able to see the car I would say its a CV joint. Look for a torn boot or grease around one of the boots. Try turning hard both ways and accelerating in the turn and see if it gets louder. The other thing I can think about is a possible motor or trans mount going bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts