Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always loved the look of the Element with Cragar steelies, and am strongly considering them now that my current tires are nearing the end of their life. I'm thinking of putting on a set of 16x7 Soft 8's. The wheels themselves have an offset of 0mm and 4 inch backspacing. I'd most likely run some 235/65R16 tires.

Here is a link to the wheels themselves. Does the Element Owners Club think my plan will work? Any advice is greatly appreciated. :)

·
Mod-erator
4,576 Posts
Oh wow.....0 offset?? Those will stick WAY out? Are you lowered? or staying at stock height? That will make a difference.

If you don't mind the look of them sticking out from the body, I don't see any short term problems at stock height. You will more than likely put more wear on your axle components due do the 0 offset tho.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
on that site, i didn't see any info about the centerbore of those wheels.
for Hondas, the wheels should have a centerbore that matches the hubs on the vehicle. otherwise, the wheels are "hanging on the studs", w/ the result that the studs can break. for Elements, the centerbore should be 64.1 mm. most Hondas/Acuras w/ 5 x 114.3 mm bolt circle use 64.1 mm centerbore. matching the centerbore of the wheel w/ the hub on the axle is referred to as a "hub-centric" approach.

oh, i did notice that the "push-thru" hub covers have a diameter of 3.3 in, so the centerbore of these wheels is way too big.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, these are all issues I hadn't really stopped to consider. Looks like I'll just be going with some Pilot steelies or painting my stock ones. Thanks for the advice, guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts