Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
nice rim choice. i was going to do the same but they were out of stock when i tried ordering them. looks good

·
Registered
237 Posts
Loving the wheels!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Are those the ASA AR1? I have been searching this site for any pics of these wheels. Considering getting some silver ones then painting them NBP.
Looks like you are using the same tires as I am. What lowering springs are you using?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words.i must confess that i've not been paying attention to the Elements details for a while.oh, i change the oil on schedule and the tranny fluid, keet it clean- (most of the time) and generally respect it but out of the enthusiast loop.let me try to remember just what i've done so far...
it has appx.79000 trouble free miles.this is the best vehicle i have owned overall. it astounds me how much stuff can be stuffed in it. anyway..

the drop was done with Ground Control coilovers and SPC Performance adjusters to correct the rear camber-(with a 4 wheel alignment)
it was a DIY project and it was an all day affair though the one side went faster than the other!
at times i wish it was still on the stock spring but my vanity over rules!
a tad more travel and a little softer spring would be nice...
these are the second set of tires on these rimes. they are the BF Goodrich
T/A KDWS 235/50x18's

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are those the ASA AR1? I have been searching this site for any pics of these wheels. Considering getting some silver ones then painting them NBP.
Looks like you are using the same tires as I am. What lowering springs are you using?
Yes.they are.

·
Registered
317 Posts
the wheels look great, especially the darker center I like it!. Now you got me thinkin if these wheels would look good on my SC if I could somehow reuse the stock tires...hrm. Out of stock from tirerack but not a bad price for 18" wheels. Like the drop too, I only wish ground control would come out with some coilovers for the SC I would be all over it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the wheels look great, especially the darker center I like it!. Now you got me thinkin if these wheels would look good on my SC if I could somehow reuse the stock tires...hrm. Out of stock from tirerack but not a bad price for 18" wheels. Like the drop too, I only wish ground control would come out with some coilovers for the SC I would be all over it.
funny - i went to TireRack trying to remember where i got my wheels and they offer the AS1 with a black center now!
if this is your E it looks pretty darn good as it sits.

ordered some rim tape in 3 colors. i'll post once i get it applied.

kinda want a painted spoiler too. any tips on what to expect with the install?

feel fee to to point me to the topic . iassume it has been covered somewhere....

·
Registered
317 Posts
yeah I saw that on tirerack, but it looks like just the inside of the spoke is dark but the face of the wheel is still silver. I would probably choose the dark ones and/or paint them like you did for that look..I think it looks awesome!

The spoiler install is pretty easy. Its not for the faint of heart becuase drilling holes in your car is never easy and not very reversable if you mess up!(really the only way you can "mess up" is by using a huge drill bit but if you have the correct size, no problem)

Here is a thread/how to for an older style air deflector but its generally the same process. The main difference with the painted "tailgate spoiler" is there is a hole you have to drill in the center of the hatch to anchor it in the middle. If you open your hatch you will see the dimples on the outter corners and really you just have to get the right sized drill bit, some tape and some balls to go for it. I could have had mine on in 10 minutes but of course I took my time and so should you :p

http://elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16554&highlight=spoiler+install

I printed directions from handa which I suggest doing as well. They have the spoiler on special right now
http://www.handa-accessories.com/eoc.html

not sure if they have your color but if you're intersted there ya go

Brian

·
Registered
140 Posts
I really like those ASA's on your SOP. Origionally, black BBS style wheels were going on the E two years ago. Now, you have inspired me to sell the current wheels and buy some similar wheels that are sitting on the shelf locally. They are called Akita AK-6 and are available in black too. However these are silver with a polished lip. Plan on painting the centers NBP.

I had a little fun quickly cropping your wheels on my car.

1st pic current wheels and I dont like them
2nd pic your wheels and I love them

How hard was it to paint them?
Do you have pics of the silver AR1's on your E?

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really like those ASA's on your SOP. Origionally, black BBS style wheels were going on the E two years ago. Now, you have inspired me to sell the current wheels and buy some similar wheels that are sitting on the shelf locally. They are called Akita AK-6 and are available in black too. However these are silver with a polished lip. Plan on painting the centers NBP.

I had a little fun quickly cropping your wheels on my car.

1st pic current wheels and I dont like them
2nd pic your wheels and I love them

How hard was it to paint them?
Do you have pics of the silver AR1's on your E?

paint was a piece...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts