Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, unfortunately, some folks in a Caddy CTS turned left from the middle lane of a 3-lane, one-way street right in front of me. I t-boned them at about 25 -30 mph, my right front corner into their left rear door. :(

I had time to hit the brakes and lay into my beautiful quad Coupe De Ville horns as I punched in their rear door. It was humorous to hear them say that when they heard the horns, they thought they had turned in front of a train... :lol:

The impact was primarily under the right headlight. The metal part of the front fender bowed outwards. The right front corner of the hood lip got curled under. The plastic panel popped outwards from the front mounts. The inner fender, both the plastic and metal sections, are against the front right tire. Bad part is that the right wheel is canted off about 15 degrees to the right of center. So, not exactly drivable.

Got her up on a flat bed and dropped her at the dealership. They'll get it to their collision center on Monday. We'll see what the damage ends up being. The folks I hit knew full well they were at fault, there are no issues there. They were apologetic all to hell, from a small east Texas town. It was mom and daughter, actually in Dallas to shop for a wedding dress... They've got insurance and all will be taken care of.

Not quite the day I had planned, but that's the way it goes. Bottom line is that nobody got hurt. My E clicked over to 4000 miles right before the wreck... :-(

Oh well, it was time to take it in for an oil change anyway!

· Registered
504 Posts
[quote:ab2d68b693="Oak Lawn Element"]Bottom line is that nobody got hurt. [/quote:ab2d68b693]

Great to hear that. :D

Great that they acknowledge the responsibility. :D

Too bad about your Element :cry: , but hopefully your body shop can make it look like new again! Good luck.

· Registered
23 Posts
Did you pop and airbag? You don't mention it so I presume you didn't but in a front end collision at that speed I'd think you would and I'm curious how much they cost.
Glad all turned out OK - Ya can't cry over bent sheetmetal (or popped plastic!)
Peter

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Naw, no airbag deployment. Too low speed and not enough g force in the decceleration. I'm glad of that, cause that would drive the repair bill way up, delay things and be a big pain in the butt.

An experience I could have done without, but after 20 years of driving in Dallas, I guess I was due for my 1st hit.

· Registered
129 Posts
The first Element I saw in Dayton was on the back of a flatbed tow truck. It had rolled -- the top had that characteristic 'crinkle'. Passenger compartment stayed up, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.