Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Element makes a creaking noise in the front when you turn and go over a bump. My dealer says that this is and the popping noise coming from the rear are related and are '' A charactoristic of the vehicle''. I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem? :?:

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:c3b69d118d="Flattop"]My Element makes a creaking noise in the front when you turn and go over a bump. My dealer says that this is and the popping noise coming from the rear are related and are '' A charactoristic of the vehicle''. I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem? :?:[/quote:c3b69d118d]

You might want to go to the same dealer an take a test drive, with the same salesman, in one of their demos. If it is characteristic of the vehicle, they should all do it. This is certainly not characteristic of the vehicle. At least mine does not creak or pop.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I noticed this in mine as well. It was a result of the rear seet being up. The caribeaner (sp?) creaks on the handle. Not sure if this is the same problem but if you seat is up it could be...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have heard a creaking noise coming from the front as well. Sounds like the windshield is moving. It seems to go away when I shut all of the doors tightly (reads slam).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The noise that I am describing is coming more from the front end. It's almost like it is a sqeaky spring or something. Anyway I carried the general manager at my dealership for a ride in it and he says lets wait and hear what American Honda has to say about it. In other words if they say it is a charactoristic of the vehicle then I am stuck with it. Boy I would give anything to have my old Toyota back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts