Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some odd noices coming from the front passenger side of my Tein basics. Has anyone has this or know what might be causing it? It only happens when turning. I have inspected it a few times and don't see anything out of the ordinary other than I installed that side spring with the letters upside down. The spring looked like it fit either way..........any ideas?

·
Registered
541 Posts
top bearing?lower seat maybe the rubber silencer is torn?make sure the seats are tight. i think its the bearing though. make sure that gold ring is clean and the plastic bearings doesnt have any sand/dirt stuck on it.springs are linear i believe so i think they fit either way.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to take it out this weekend and take it apart. The front driver side is having no issues though. So hopefully cleaning it will take care of it? Also inspecting the perches and rubber seat on the lower part. Am I supposed to have a rubber seat to go with the upper gold perch too? I assembled them without directions because I wasn't sent any. So I may have missed something........

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the gold collar goes under the top bearing plate and the bearing sits in it. the rubber insulator goes on the green seat.
That's how I assembled it. So should I just inspect and clean it? Could the spring not be setting correctly with either the upper or lower perch? I swear it sounds like the spring is almost twisting and then I hear it pop back in place. It doesn't happen all the time, but most of the time. I would say 75-90% of the time when I turn. I just installed them Saturday.

·
Registered
541 Posts
sounds like the bearing. just make sure everything is clean. if you have it jacked up with the tire off rotate the steering by hand from the hub. youll see the spring move with the gold bearing carrier. if it binds its the bearing. kinda cheesy bearing but similiar to nissans style. any way its catching on something. also make sure the 2 seats are snugged good and arent moving with the spring.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lower perches should be good, I cranked them down before I put them on, but I will double check. Thanks for the help! Am I in any danger or doing any damage by driving it with the popping? I won't have access to tools will the weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.