Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do anyone have this problem??

When I turn (either right or left) the back of my E makes a creaking sound. The sound is coming from the back half of my vehicle and I have reconfigured the back seats and tire storage area and it didn't go away. My husband road back there and could not pinpoint where it is coming from but he mentioned it could be the composite panels.

It sounds like a old house creaking and it's freaking me out... but I still love my E and have just been turning up my radio.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am getting my keyless and stuff installed by the dealer tomorrow so I will have them check it out... BUT THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SAY I SHOULD JUST EMBRACE THE SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all of your input, not! :wink:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your reply was actually pretty cute. My friends suggested I have the Oral Roberts' clan, which is based in Tulsa, put their hands on my E and do the HEAL thing. Ha, ha, they are just too funny.

·
Registered
16 Posts
we had our Element for two days and it started making that sound. Took it back to the dealership and they worked on it for a day and could not figure out what the sound was. We told them we wonted a new vehicle or our old car back. They gave us a new one.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Also hear the right rear hatch can make a noise that is hard to pin down and is a simple latch adjustment.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I had the creak really badly. It seems to have disappeared after about 8000 miles. I'm chalking it up to an overly tight bushing somewhere that needed time to break in.

Point is, if you're willing to live with it for a while, it might just go away. If you go much past the 8k mark however, I'd suggest bringing it in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts