Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been under there with someone bouncing up and down on the tailgate but I can't put my finger on what the #[email protected]% is causing the creaking noise in the rear suspension when it goes up and down.

I hate to just spray oil on everything under there hit and miss......

Anyone else have this noise and cured it?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It could be anything that has a rubber bushing from the swaybars to the control arm bushing. It could be a failing shock. Its hard to diagnose this way without seeing the car.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Try dropping 4 or 5 drops of liquid soap in a spray bottle and spraying each nut or bolt while someone is jumpinp/moving in the car. If there is a creak there should be small air movement which will cause a small bubble to appear. Grab a torque wrench and re-torque. If the nut is rusted a 10% over torque may be required and should not hurt anything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update

update.......Sorry, I've been negligent. I had sprayed every bushing and pivot point that could move in the rear suspension with a spray oil lube, not wd40 or silicone. I didn't note exactly when the noise went away, but it did from driving it around. Haven't heard it lately.

Mine was squeaking when bounced up and down or getting in and out. The smallest movement made it creak. Thanks for the reminder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts