Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i recently bought a 2005 EX and would like to buy the cross bars to fit in the pre-existing holes...anyone have or know best place to buy cheap? i also want to get a basket eventually but just need the cross bars asap...thanks!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
hello, i recently bought a 2005 EX and would like to buy the cross bars to fit in the pre-existing holes...anyone have or know best place to buy cheap? i also want to get a basket eventually but just need the cross bars asap...thanks!
You can buy the OEM roof rack at H&A Honda for a much better price than you'll get from your Dealer:
https://www.handa-accessories.com/elementext.html

Otherwise, you can go with a Yakima or Thule rack and they both make towers that will fit the Honda rack mounts.

If you're looking for a cheaper option tan buying any of these new, you can try the junk yards as I imagine there are some Elements with roof racks that end up there but that will take a bit of hunting.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am in the same boat....thinking of starting my own company and making Element roof racks....kidding. They are impossible to find. I have been to 3 junk yards and they are all picked clean. Bottom line is the $250 is a tough pill to swallow for new ones so the Ebay...and junk yard cross bars are gone immediately.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A big thank you Kinsha......I got in touch w John and cross bars are in the mail. I had been scouring junk yards and Ebay......even at the junk yard they sell the cross bars for 100 plus....my last quote was $150........So working with John is the way to go.

THANK YOU!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts