Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cruise control button light (near driver's left knee)
is no longer working. The cruise control operates just
fine. Does anyone know if you can just change the bulb?
I called a honda parts department and they said the bulb could be ordered.
Does this sound correct?

If so, does anyone have the service bulletin for this?

Thanks so much for help!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I did a quick check of the manual, page 4-55. It looks like you just replace the whole switch.

·
12,180 Posts
The cruise control button light (near driver's left knee)
is no longer working. The cruise control operates just
fine. Does anyone know if you can just change the bulb?
I called a honda parts department and they said the bulb could be ordered.
Does this sound correct?

If so, does anyone have the service bulletin for this?

Thanks so much for help!

Your dealer is correct the bulbs can be changed. Carefully pop the switch out of the dash to gain access to the bulbs. I will lok for the instructions in the manual tommorow at work if someone doesn't beat me to it.

·
12,180 Posts
I just checked the manual. You can try and get behind the switch and press the 2 tabs on the side in and push the switch out.....or use a small flat blade screw driver and carefully pry it out. The first method is likely better....no chance of scratching anything up.The manual tells you how to get it out...but doesn;t have pictures.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Cruise control button?

2006 Element ex
RE: the CRUISE button; left side of dash, next to the fog light button, above the "coin tray".

The little green light that is in this button has stopped working. Cruise control still works and all, just the little green light has gone out and won't turn on when the button is pressed.

Question: is this a fix I can do myself or something I need to take in and have serviced?

If I can do this myself, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The switch itself is about $15.00 at the dealer, and removal/replacement is dead easy. Just reach up behind the dash to the back of the switch, squeeze the locking tabs on the sides of the switch and pull out the switch. Pull the connector off the old switch, put connector on new, and push back into the hole. Done.

The switch comes in two colors, black and gray. Sorry I don't have a part number.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just did that repair a few weeks ago. Through majestic honda the parts and shipping for two bulbs was more than just buying the replacement switch for 10 bucks. And getting it out SOUNDS simple, but its not. I removed the fuse access panel, and the side panel on the dash, and was still unable to get it out. I ended up damaging the switch in the process. PM me if you'd like me to elaborate on how I did it.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I just simply reach up from under the dash with my hand and push out on the back of it....pops right out. I have had mine out several times.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
My question is why fix it? I mean it does not affect the operation of the snooze control. You know if it is on or off as the steering wheel buttons will either work or not. I was actually happy when mine burned out since I find extraneous light sources on the dash a might bit irritating. If it does in fact cost $10-$15 to fix I think I would rather spend that money on something more useful like a shamwow or an EOC sticker.;-)

just my .02

·
Registered
669 Posts
MY cruise control light on the actual button just stopped working. Maybe a stern talking to will work? :confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Light Bulb or whole switch?

The little green light on the speed control switch down by my left knee went out. Is there just a bulb to replace or do you have to replace the whole swtich?
Thanks, D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks to all of you. I'll look into replacing it myself. ;-) And as far as the sham-wows? I bought them and wasn't all that impressed. :-( I'm going back to the good old shammies. :)

D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts