Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night I was trying to engage the cruise control and having a bit of difficulty finding the right buttons. Much of my daily driving is in short chunks and light traffic where I don't use cruise.
It occurred to me that I don't know if the cruise buttons should light up when the headlights are on. Looking at them in good light they look a bit like the HVAC control faces - which one might not expect to light up, but, of course, the HVAC controls do light up (when the bulbs work...).
So, any wisdom here?

... and maybe tangentially, for anyone who has done the swap to a Pilot steering wheel (usually for the audio controls) do the cruise and audio on those s. wheels light up?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element EX AWD
619 Posts
Can't speak for your model year, but the '05 model year lights up whitish when lights are on and an additional green on the switch comes on when you press the switch. Also once you set cruise speed a green LED come on on the dash.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
The buttons on my '08 don't light up. There's an indicator on the dash when it's active and a light on the power switch, down by your left knee.

·
Registered
143 Posts
None of the steering wheel controls light up at night on my 2009. Cruise control switch is on the lower right button. You get used to feeling which is which on the long run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts