Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
If the light doesn't light up then cruise won't engage when you press steering buttons. It is common that the switch goes bad. Replace the switch with one that lights up and that should fix the problem. Pop the switch from the back with a long screwdriver from side after removing cover. Very simply DIY

·
Registered
155 Posts
Its weird, it does light up some times, sometimes it dosent. When it does light up it still dosent work though. Also tried replacing it with a junk yard switch to no avail.
Before i throw any more money at it i wanna check the wiring, since when its pressed in it will flash randomly at times, sometimes be solid or be nothing at all. Car had an aftermarket security system/remote start on it when i got it that I had a mechanic remove so something might be messed up
'Sometimes' means the switch is on it's last thread. I've replaced with switches that don't light up. One that lights up should have cc working again. If not, then a clock spring also on it's way out. I chased a cruise control problem for months, thinking it could be the module or cable. Only to find it was in fact the clock spring.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Shoot man, if you do end up replacing the clock spring, pick up one from an 06 EX and get yourself some steering wheel radio controls! :LOL: That's something I've been meaning to do personally.
Funny you say that. The 06' clock spring i initially installed on my 03' was incompatible & had to pull a 2nd CS from an 04' that worked.

The thought ran through my mind that it would b neat to figure out the wiring, but you'd also have to pick up that left steering trim with controls & lastly hope that your oem radio is ready. It's like turning an auto into a manual, its a whole conversion. Not exactly plugnplay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts