Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CC button lights up but does not seem to be working. Is there a fuse for the cruise control? Any ideas for trouble shooting?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have you seen a few small plastic pieces on your floorboard recently?
I don't recall what they are called but there are two (or three on manual shift cars) small plastic pieces that are on the lever of each pedal and they are necessary to make the cruise control work.
Look up underneath the dash at the pedal levers and see if you see one and where another should be...

·
Registered
MM 2005 EX, AT southwest WI
628 Posts
If it's a manual, check the pedal bumpers as above. If it's a 2006 or earlier, check the plastic cam on the throttle body where the cruise actuation wire seats. It's a common failure point. Dorman sells (or sold) a replacement kit, Honda only sells complete throttle body assemblies, and I am about 3 or 4 years out on a JBweld and smallest bullclip repair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Кнопка CC горит, но не работает. Есть ли предохранитель на круиз-контроль? Есть идеи по устранению неполадок?
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
у меня такое иногда бывает при поездках на дальние расстояния...чтобы этого не было,просто заглушите машину на пару минут и заведите снова

·
Premium Member
2003 EX AT 2WD
72 Posts
the light on the button is powered by separate contacts in the switch so it can work but the cruise might not...the light on says you have power to the switch but the contact for the cruise may be dirty/corroded and need to be cleaned. I would / have pulled the switch, opened and cleaned the contacts and all was well. getting the switch out is a ROYAL PITA...but it is the first stop in a chain of puzzle pieces needed to work the cruise.
if you are talking about the main button by your left knee...this is what happened to me. took it apart and cleaned up the corroded contacts and it works great.
View attachment 216440 View attachment 216441

im curious about the "ding/chime" noise...maybe just a coincidence???
id bet its the contacts for sure. i took mine apart the first time and saw nothing much...and then it worked for a day, then quit again and i took it apart to clean the contacts and have been good to go since. removing the switch is a real bugger
View attachment 216442
hope this pic helps!, theres very little room back in there, but a slim "shim" from behind might get to the clips

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting. Has anyone replaced the switch? I guess I assumed switch was working because it lit up. But I know with electronics it can be more complicated…

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So just going through old threads. Read that if you have a vacuum line/ leak issue this could affect the cruise control? Does this theory make sense to anyone?

·
Registered
2006 Blue EX-P AWD
47 Posts
I printed out a list from FuseCHECK.com a while back - they have two fuses for the CC actuator, but as each fuse controls more I would think that you would have noticed other things going out. But here they are - inside by your knees fuse #4 10a - under the hood fuse #7 15a. Hope it helps.
BTW, you are always very helpful, I enjoy your posts and happy 10yr anni in a week :)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I printed out a list from FuseCHECK.com a while back - they have two fuses for the CC actuator, but as each fuse controls more I would think that you would have noticed other things going out. But here they are - inside by your knees fuse #4 10a - under the hood fuse #7 15a. Hope it helps.
BTW, you are always very helpful, I enjoy your posts and happy 10yr anni in a week :)
Thanks, 10 year anniversary?

·
Registered
2006 Blue EX-P AWD
47 Posts
I'm addled, its 9 years 😆
Do you still want pix of the fuse box diagrams for any reason?
Off topic - Just dropped in a 24F-DLG Duralast Gold battery yesterday replacing the stock 51 size - feelin' all powered up and stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts