Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think they will fix it or total it? It's a 2003 with 140k miles.

Bad part is it had a full tank of gas, fresh oil change, and new brake pads.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm voting for fixable.

I had a similar accident on my drivers side, but it was just slightly more in the center of the grille. Blew up my radiator and such, $4500 worth of damage, but my local collision repair fixed it up and it still drives great to this day.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Totalled, easily. The killer is the 140K's affect on book value.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
Fix it yourself,doesn't look that bad and the plastic parts just snap on and off....easy fix.

This isn't lego we are looking at here.:roll:

Since there is sheet metal damage there is also going to be structural damage. At the very least the rad support is going to have to be straightened.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I'm hoping they do total it. I'll get a newer one with less miles and hopefully the orange color I want.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Thats above the frame and probably not totaled. That would be what is called a 3/4 right clip job. If it gets fixed just put it up for sale and get the SOP you want.:grin:

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Thats above the frame and probably not totaled. That would be what is called a 3/4 right clip job. If it gets fixed just put it up for sale and get the SOP you want.:grin:
I know state farm has an SOP in thier possesion

anyhow, how is this going?

if the cost to fix is in the 75% of value range the insurance company will more than likely total it (they did mine)................

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They have called it a total loss. The appraiser said he quit adding it up when he hit $8400. Now to get a fair settlement from the insurance and find my next E.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
OUCH!! Are you going to take your accessory's off before giving it to them? And check what the buyback is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts