Honda Element Owners Club banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Grill installed and fogs fixed (well I shattered one)

What should I do about that black vs the lighter 2005 panels? I’m very much against dark panels on the khaki for some reason (and the thousands of dollars in parts.)

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Plasti-dip the black parts in a charcoal color, maybe?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey checking your sweet element and checking your wheels I was wondering if you used any wheel spacers?? I have yokahama geolanders 225/75 r16 I want to use but with stock rims it seems to hit the struts that is what the mechanic said.. the rims that came on my element may not be oem,

I do have 1.5 lift kit on the front any way any info would be sweet, your car is sweet and you look like you have figured it all out!! Cheers Rory Belter Rossland

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Hey checking your sweet element and checking your wheels I was wondering if you used any wheel spacers?? I have yokahama geolanders 225/75 r16 I want to use but with stock rims it seems to hit the struts that is what the mechanic said.. the rims that came on my element may not be oem,

I do have 1.5 lift kit on the front any way any info would be sweet, your car is sweet and you look like you have figured it all out!! Cheers Rory Belter Rossland
Thanks Rory! You flatter me.

Sorry I missed this. The wheels I’m using are et6 as opposed to et45 or et50 for factory (can’t remember.) that’s essentially a 1.5” wheel spacer. If I could do it again (had time to toss these wheels on a mill) I’d take a quarter to half inch off the back face of the wheel (assuming I can) to get closer to et20. I think that would be a sweet spot for tire clearance.

Maybe could rock a decent sized 31x9 ¯\(ツ)/¯ I’d want more power first (4at blows with my 225/75AT tires.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
do you still have the CAD file or the stl for your fog light covers? I would like to print some of those off on my prusa once i get some fogs.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
I like it. I do have the file.

I can shoot it your way when you are ready.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #108 (Edited)
I replaced 3/4 of my motor mounts. The rear tranny Mount is still OG, but I’ve got new rubbers in the other three. Two were completely thrashed. She drives like a new car now. (Minus the axle wobble and some slight disk break warping. Life is a journey. (I’m gonna ride it all night long)

I also got ambitious with the vinyl cutter at work

I’ve got a crack in one of my hankooks. arizona isn’t kind to rubber or batteries.
The tires lasted ~ 45,000 and 4.5 years. There is definitely more tread left. I think we woulda gotten 55,000 out of them with shaded parking or a kinder climate.

ive got the cooper discoverers on order in 225/75r16. They have the 104t load rating that keeps weight down. These ones are 30lbs ea. I was originally looking at a size up (because I’m a masochist) but that was going to to add 3-5lbs per wheel and I don’t want to sap the limited power or deal with Jeep Wrangler MPG

Hoping for another hard 50,000 Out of this pair.

on the to do list looking forward:
Off road Steering dampener
Add spacers to front axles. (Supposed to fix acceleration wobble)

bad Craft Motors offerings in the pipeline:
We’re working on a bilstein/ custom spring combo that can be ordered to off road (softer) heavy duty (stiffer) or factory at + 1, +1.5, +2“ lift. We will be doing them as one offs which makes them as customizable as possible.

We’re set up to start pulling bumper trim in our own shop so the price of the unobtainium trim we are remanufacturing is going down to Honda’s original price ($225)

we will offer the rear spacer kit I’ve been running for 2 years now to ease the rear geometry with a lift.

I am chomping at the bit to bend up some side armor / steps to hide that fuel tank and make an aero piece to streamline the whole tank guard bs

stretch goals: rear bumper trim to match the front & a rotopax Mount rear window replacement.

Cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
will these new offerings be on the website. Right now I see there arent many items, so I will keep following the site for updates to products. Interested in the offroad steering dampener, and the front spacers. is the offroad steering dampener something youre fabbing or an offering i can look into? I have the acceleration wobble too. I thought that was bad CV's, is it not?

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
will these new offerings be on the website. Right now I see there arent many items, so I will keep following the site for updates to products. [\QUOTE]
I THINK that the steering wobble is a poorly manufactured CV axle being put out of its own ideal range. When you lift the element the axle has to “stretch” itself a little bit to make up the difference. That moves the assembly apart in a way that makes an out of balance axle more obvious.

the spacer is a large fender washer that is installed between the axle face and the hub face. Effectively it lengthens your axle by 1/8”. Looking at the axle nut, I’ve easily got 1/8” Of unused thread so it should work. I’d like to try it first on my E.
The dampener is a universal strut from Bilstien, but you currently have to fab up a custom mount for the element. I’ve been poking around in that area and shouldn’t have trouble manufacturing a no weld mount for us that bolts on and can be reversed/removed. that may be more of a fall offering, but 🤞🏼

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Looks like I got exactly 50,000 and 4 years out of those hankooks. I coulda gotten another 5-10 in tread, the AZ sun just torched them.

the CooperDiscoverer AT3s are QUIET. Dunno if the hankooks started out loud or just got louder when they wore down. ¯\(ツ)

101 - 114 of 114 Posts