Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I doubt it...they're pretty dinky. I have one of those stainless steel thermos/mugs and it doesn't fit...my one and only complaint about my E so far.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I agree that the cup holders are a pain. I am convinced that someone will come up with a aftermarket consel to fit between the seats and not interfear with the brake. (I wish the brake was on the dash like the CRV.) If no one comes up with one I will have to make it my self.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote:ea8b147855="carmojoman"]Do the cup holders in the front hold big drinks. You know the big drinks from 7-11 ?[/quote:ea8b147855]

Big Gulps can effect your fuel economy, stick to the medium size (buy three) hee hee :lol:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Has anyone noticed the cupholders in the back seats are too shallow to hold anything. My kid's drinks has spilled ...

How much research would it take to get the cup holders right in 2003?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here is a link to hondsuv.com. It has a console/armrest by Steel Horse. It looks like it is over to the right so the parking brake and standard EX armrest can be used.

I did not get one because I frequently have to haul 10 ft planks of wood and I can load them right up to my dash. I got the bigger armrest and it works great but the cupholders are still in a awkward place. My dog thinks since the cup is on the floorboard it's fair game.

http://www.hondasuv.com/element/viewtopic.php?t=37&start=0

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
yeah there is one cup holder (front center one) that can fit a 24 ounce insulated cup perfectly, the rest well not.

I seem to recall seeing something that can fit into small holders to hold bigger cups.. if I come across it I will post it..

So this console you are mentioning does not make it hard to use the emergency brake?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I know the front cup holders hold 44oz Quick Trip Cups....and also the HUGE Lion's Choice Cup.....my chrome coffee cup fits just fine too :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
My stainless steel Starbucks coffee mug fits just fine - doesn't fit in my dad's Lincoln Navigator. The rear holders are a little shallow. I brought my mug with me on the test drive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Isn't it odd that in 2003, the whole cupholder size & placement is still an issue? I also find it odd that every car salescritter that I've ever experienced has made a big deal out of showing off the cupholders, no matter how ill conceived.

In the E, I like the fact that it puts the liquid down near the liquid-proof floor, and not someplace objectionable like over the stereo or in front of the AC controls. (I've had vehicles that did either or both of those things.) I'm actually of the opinion that cupholders shouldn't even be a permanently installed feature. Molding them as a permanent part of the vehicle is just about guaranteeing that they won't be in the right place, or the right size to suit all people. I wonder why the auto makers keep making them non-modular and non-adjustable?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I is also a great design by Honda on the E that the cup holders are a small tub. I was not watching the other day as I placed my soda down there and it fell over as I was driving. All the soda just pooled in the cup holders till I got home.

Very nice!

·
Registered
64 Posts
During my last trip to the dealer, I took a "honda", brushed stainless mug from the parts dept and tried it out. Fit fine. <$12.
8) ......shaka........

·
Registered
195 Posts
Check your local Walmart or Targét for a little widget that you put in your cup holder to make it bigger - it's sort of like a bigger holder that sits in the little one. That'll practically hold a bucket!

Drew

·
Registered
64 Posts
During my last trip to the dealer, I took a "honda", brushed stainless mug from the parts dept and tried it out. Fit fine. <$12.
8) ......shaka........

·
Registered
54 Posts
I found a $4.99 insulated, narrow bottomed mug at Wally World that fits just fine. I also note that most standard litre plastic water/soda bottles fit the middle holder. Still, I'll probably either go for the plug-in cooler/console/armrest/cupholder route, or the semi-custom console/armrest route with built in cupholders, just for the added utility.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am at a loss when it comes to understanding why the cup holders can only fit 12 oz. cans or 20 oz bottles of soda. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrofit/buy something that will allow me to fit in a beverage or cup that is 3-5 inches across?

Any help would be appreciated. My old vehicle had adjustable cup holders that would hold anything from a baby bottle to a 64 oz. mug (and that IS a big mug!!!)

1 - 20 of 116 Posts