Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Guy name travis who is looking to make something new for the element.

Like the stealthbox but better.

Not carpeted so it will blend. In the back to keep sound quality high.

He needs and EOC member in the Gig Harbor, WA. area he will need an Element for a day, 10 hours, to fab up an enclosure.

He has done lots of great work, found him through a TSX project.

Check out his sight. Any member able to help this will be a great project and some much needed options in the subwoofer world for the E and keeping the space open for all our other needs.

Travis M. Leonard
www.gigharborautoworks.com
Official Acurazine Vendor

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not anywhere close, but I would love to see the outcome! If it could do so without sacrificing cargo space, that would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Why would the sound quality be higher with the subwoofer in the back as opposed to one in the front? Isn't the Stealthbox a sound quality sub coming from the premier autosound/subwoofer company in the world. The only issue I have with the Stealthbox is it's price. Not that I think it's too expensive, it's just too expensive for me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i emailed Travis of Gig Harbor auto works.

But he just needs an element in the shop...He's in Washington State, and Im in Washington DC !!! :x

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would love to remove the enclosure sitting in the back of my E out of there in favor of a custom enclosure that mounts to the side wall. I need more room for hauling the family cargo. If only I had the skills to build and fiberglass something on my own.

There has to be someone in the area. Perhaps a post in the local section would yield more views.

Does he need a vehicle just for measurements or is he planning to do a full build with said vehicle?

·
Registered
68 Posts
needs a vehicle on site to mold fiber glass, etc. and go from there...He just needs 1, and we can all benefit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm kinda near Gig Harbor, but.... I am I reading the dates on this post right? The OP was 5/11/2009. Is he/they still looking for an Element to use?

I have an '06 with Hybrid Audio speakers and Phoenix SD800.5 (200 watts to the sub) in my E, an Audio Control LCQ-1 but with the stock sub. I've never really settled on a replacement sub solution. I have thought about getting some used interior rear panels to mess around with. See if I could fab up a pair of 8" or a 10" without much interior room loss.

·
Registered
68 Posts
yeah, hit him up...I emailed him a 2 weeks asking had he had an element yet to model boxes for, he obviously said no.

Take the plunge, be the first to get a box from TRAVIS, start a trend !

as for me, I ended putting a 10" sealed box....easy to take out when I have too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
yeah, hit him up...I emailed him a 2 weeks asking had he had an element yet to model boxes for, he obviously said no.

Take the plunge, be the first to get a box from TRAVIS, start a trend !

as for me, I ended putting a 10" sealed box....easy to take out when I have too.
I did, we have been on email a little bit about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts