Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I plan on doing a custom exhaust for my 08 SC. Just like to get some advice from those who had already done it. Should I place the muffler where the stock location is or just place it axle back? Will it affect any performance ot sound?

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Axel back will prob sound better, but will offer less performance. Cat-Back will be your best bet. And yes put the muffler where the old one is, this way you can re-use your factory mounting points. Get a magnaflow or flowmaster with the right size inlets you need.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
only gibson and injen make readily available exhaust systems that mount to the same points as the factory exhaust. if you want to do custom, u will have to find one that matches up with those points or weld on some new brackets to fit into the rubber holds.
as a side note, i have the gibson on my element.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Go with a readily available catback system, like Abulevan mentioned, from Injen or Gibson. I too have the Gibson catback installed on my SC>

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to have a Fujitsubo RM-01A on my 2002 Civic SI. I really like the sound with the K20A3 engine. I really like the look of a muffler right behind the rear bumper. Just wonder if there is a sound different between the muffler being at the stock location and the muffler at the end of the cat-back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts