Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to design a strong, sturdy front bumper rack for my E in which a top rack rises up to the same level as the Yakima racks on the roof. I have a PVC square I made that fits just behind the license plate and I use two ratchet straps that go to the tow point underneath. This system is proven but is causing some wear and tear on my front bumper and fascia. I want to design a new system, but with the front bumper being all plastic, I don't have many choices for a strong rack attachment.

What I need:
-Preferably made with metal (steel or thick aluminum)
- Need a way to tie this into front bumper ... should I order a grill guard and drill into that, or just take my car to a blacksmith and ask him to extend out the tow hooks and put receptacles for a rack.
- Preferably the rack would be easily removable.
- Any ideas or recommendations appreciated.

Here are some pics of what I currently have.

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
There have been a few threads about adding foglights mounted to the frame behind the bumper using various semi-homemade brackets which might be suitable for your rack application. You might want to check out:

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55780

I've had my eye on this mod for adding driving lights but depending on the loading requirements for your rack, these brackets might not be strong enough. From looking at your rig it should be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts