Honda Element Owners Club banner

Custom leather shift boot

5K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Ghostwolf 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got my Element and found that the rubber boot is pretty ugly so I craft a leather one :-D
Next step: custom leather steering cover!

See less See more
#2 ·
Pictures! Or it didn't happen! :grin:

Welcome to the group!

#8 · (Edited)
The boot was from Lightning Custom Auto, but, not sure if they are offering them anymore. The shifter knob is from a Prelude, stock (don't know the year), bought from HandA. Limited quantities at the time, so, you'll have to search for it. Due to the fact I have the TRP, it goes well with the theme.... :shock: :roll: 8)

Oh, and BTW, I have the parking brake to match.... :evil:

Attachments

#10 ·
The parking brake leather looks fantastic, where did you get that? (I know it's been 4 years since you posted this but thought I'd give it a try)

#9 ·
All the photos on Manual shift boot replacement how-to's are gone, of course it's been 11 years since the last post on some of them.

I found this boot on eBay, and wondering if that would work? The Lightning people that I heard mentioned so much seem to be MIA - at least their website is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/391194731955?ul_noapp=true

I've been freshening up my 11 year old ride and am installing a leather pilot wheel and the leather boot looks great to me. The guy on eBay said it needs to be glued in place, but that doesn't seem right.

Sure would appreciate hearing back from anyone who's replaced their boot.

#11 ·
WOW!! Talk about reviving and old thread..... :lol: :lol:

If I recall right, both came from Lightning Custom Auto, but, like I mentioned before, don't think they're around anymore. :| I'm decently sure SOMEBODY offers one out, check with a local upholstery shop, maybe? Wouldn't think they would be hard to reproduce. Maybe a group buy to cut down on costs? They REALLY add that DIY custom touch without breaking the bank..... 8) :razz:
Good luck!! :-D

#12 ·
Hey Toaster,

I was wondering if you could check this link and tell me if you think this would be similar to the shift boot you installed?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-LEAT...OOT-FITS-HONDA-ELEMENT-2003-2011/391194731955

And is this installed by gluing it or is there some other way to fasten it? I've checked threads on this and the pictures are all missing so it's hard to tell what the procedure was.

As far as the brake boot, really seems like Lightning is gone but I'll keep looking to see if I can find something, really like what it did for yours.

Thanks for getting back to me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.