Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this took a long time to figure out what I wanted to do but I think it all turned out great. I have a 2008 EX and hated that there was no center console. I also hated that the stereo was very basic with no bells and whistles. I started it all by putting an Alpine Double din all in one head unit in the car. Then the speakers sounded like crap. So I added all Alpine Type R speakers in all the doors. Then I had great highs but no bass. I wanted a small sub but I didn't want to lose any space in my Element from a box hanging out in the back. So I got the JL Audio Stealthbox for the bass. My system is AWESOME! But then I still had the problem of me wanting the SC center console. So I bought one from the guy on ebay for $300. But this was gonna be an issue with the much larger sub in the same spot as the factory sub. I did alot of looking around and found someone to modify my console and so it fit well with the Stealthbox in place and I am very happy with the results!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Very impressive!!! That stealth box is not so stealth, its HUGE!!! The center
console looks really good. Makes it look all original.

·
Registered
836 Posts
looks great man, who did the work?

Can you get a few pics from the back seats area to see that angle?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some more pics of the finished job.

I was had AV input wired into the console along with the power outlet. The AV cable goes right to my Alpine headunit and can also be sent directly to my Alpine overhead drop down monitor. I love the factory look that it still has with all the aftermarket stereo equipment.

Attachments

·
Registered
680 Posts
goodness...thats really nice...
i am wanting the JL Stealthbox...but I wasnt a fan of the black felty look...

thanks for your post..

·
Registered
480 Posts
Did you have to lose the dome light to put the monitor there? If so, does the monitor have a built in dome light?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The sub is a 10 in JL. It came with the stealthbox. I just got all the black sc parts so can get rid of all the tan on the dash and doors. I like the all black look.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Is it possible to install the center console without changing the sub? I love the SC's raised cup holder and storage armrest, but I don't want to try it if it means huge modifications.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The sub is a 10 in JL. It came with the stealthbox. I just got all the black sc parts so can get rid of all the tan on the dash and doors. I like the all black look.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that cost you and where did you buy those dash/door parts?

Thanks!
Jon

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
im pretty sure those pieces are just painted. or covered in vinyl/leather

built not bought ^.^

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
answers

So I spent $500 for the fabrication work at a local mobile electronics spot. I spent around $350 for all the place pieces to get the SC look. They are all pieces from Honda dealership. The center console was bought on ebay for $350. I love it all!

·
Registered
724 Posts
So I spent $500 for the fabrication work at a local mobile electronics spot. I spent around $350 for all the place pieces to get the SC look. They are all pieces from Honda dealership. The center console was bought on ebay for $350. I love it all!
So roughly $1250?! :shock:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Where are the amps located?

Great work on the sub solution, I may have to fabricate something similar.

Thanks for posting

Mitch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Who Modified it?

Can you tell me who modifed it, I want to do the sme but to complete my console to add to it. I want to install a Tablet in addtion to the radio. Was it modifed in fiberglass? or anything to that effect. Awesome Job.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where I got it done at.

I got the work done at Performance Auto in Pensacola Florida. All they used was wood and padding and vinyl.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts