Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my take on some custom window coverings. I repurposed some found 1/4" foam core, doubled it for strength and added insulation, and spray adhered some engineer prints of one of my photos. Engineer prints are a very budget-friendly way to create large black and white photos, available from Staples. So now I can camp in my driveway, and feel like I'm deep in the woods. My meditation app will provide suitable nature sounds, and I'll just need the aroma of campfire to complete the experience. : ) Although if I lived on the West Coast these days...

IMG_20200915_162015367~2.jpeg
IMG_20200916_161308120.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No mechanism. Careful measuring and cutting, and some degree of luck. Friction was my friend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks awesome! Very clever. Also nice looking platform you have. Do you have any more details/photos of it?
Thanks! I'll take some photos when I'm a little more mobile, as I'm recovering from a cycling mishap and a fractured wrist won't let me.
But here's a pic at the just-finished stage.
It's a foldable/collapsible platform. 3/4" plywood, four equal sections, with piano hinges for the top, 3/4" ply support (4 pieces) joined with easily detachable bed hooks (Lee Valley). Stained black, just because it's cool. Folds up for off-season (Canada, right?) to about 48 by 16 by 6". Super strong, and adaptable. Design is a hybrid of other's ideas combined with my own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts