Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its getting late into the season, but has anyone been doing any 'cross?

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
Cyclocross Rules!

I know its getting late into the season, but has anyone been doing any 'cross?
Cool! Sadly, Hawaii doesn't have a 'cross scene. I've had this Steelman for about 15 yrs.; it's pretty old-school and I'm running a 7 sp. freewheel on a threaded hub, with barend shifters.

Yeah, I have it outfitted with bottle cages and road tires... Very un `cross-like, but it's also a great road machine. Nice, relaxed angles, very comfortable to ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Son, you are the man!

For those of you unfamiliar with cyclocross check out the trailer for Zero Traction, a film made at the 2007 Cyclocross Nationals. It had everything: mud, snow, ice.:D

·
Registered
478 Posts
Any PDX residents want to come out and play Dec 7th??

US Grand Prix of Cyclocross

We'll be out there supporting our pro's and might even have a Ellsworth bike to demo if you like :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah, I have it outfitted with bottle cages and road tires... Very un `cross-like, but it's also a great road machine. Nice, relaxed angles, very comfortable to ride.
MR KDogg> Your bike is a classic ;)
I run recently got over the ego and installed bottle cages on my bike for the off season because the other 8 months of the year I ride on single track and forest roads. No need to sling my bike and run on these anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I raced in the Socal Urban series this past weekend
Hey protijy, good race story! Sorry about hearing that you dropped your chain; you may want to get a Thirdeye chain watcher or a Deda dog fang. Or go all the way and run a single ring up front!

·
Registered
35 Posts
already hung up the shoes this season after hillsboro.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey protijy, good race story! Sorry about hearing that you dropped your chain; you may want to get a Thirdeye chain watcher or a Deda dog fang. Or go all the way and run a single ring up front!
Thanks I've been toying with the idea of a single ring as I really don't use the front big ring that much in races..... I should just do it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts