Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Seeing as how D2 doesn't make coilovers for the Element i'm gonna say no.
Tein & Ksport are the two companys that make coilovers that are for the E.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The reason D2 came out with element coilovers is this:

KSport vs. D2 difference is the same outside sans the color. D2 takes the design of KSports and some Greddy coilovers and sends them to their Tawaineese manufacturer and they copy them and valve them different and add bearings to the front spring perch to get rid of the pop when turning which I added to my ksports. They are decent quality and are also bad named like ksports because of idiot installers.

Later
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
No, KSport does not carry them, I had to go to a bearing supply place and custom order the size, I can get them for anyone, just takes a couple weeks and is $40 a set plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
No, KSport does not carry them, I had to go to a bearing supply place and custom order the size, I can get them for anyone, just takes a couple weeks and is $40 a set plus shipping.
Where do the bearing go? Do you have pix of yours installed?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
They go in-between the bottom perches and the spring. I can get a pic up this weekend for you guys and install and maintenance in a thread.

·
Registered
562 Posts
just subscribing for pics

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just received this set today from D2. (D2H126) I will post the results once I get them installed. The front springs are 10k and the rear are 13k. Not sure yet If I need a 15k rate for the rear. I had extended my rear top hats 1.75 inches.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
I just received this set today from D2. (D2H126) I will post the results once I get them installed. The front springs are 10k and the rear are 13k. Not sure yet If I need a 15k rate for the rear. I had extended my rear top hats 1.75 inches.

Are you really in Hayward, CA??? I grew up there. Im in Fremont now. I was
wondering if we could hook up BEFORE you install those!!! I have the KSports
and I would LOVE to take some pix of them side by side!! Im sure there are
a bunch of members here that would like to see that as well. PM me with
your phone or cell phone number. THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The only differences I see is the top mount for the front and color, still haas the short stroke rear shock and short spring just like the ksports, talk about copying, I knew D2 coppied design, but damn, the rears only differ because the purple perches, all well, I hope they work.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Bump! waiting for the D2's outcome...I'm still debating with Ksports with the rear springs issue and now the popping noise. :roll:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
...........the rear are 13k. Not sure yet If I need a 15k rate for the rear. ............
When I bought mine it had a TEIN set-up with 12Kg/mm installed. 12 was WAY soft. I replaced it with 14Kg/mm and while it is much better it is not too hard, and when loaded may still bottom out.... If you have a 15Kg/mm option, - DI IT!!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Bump! waiting for the D2's outcome...I'm still debating with Ksports with the rear springs issue and now the popping noise. :roll:
I will be posting results on the new springs within the next 2 days. Also, the front spring pop is not really an issue or problem, it only happens at really low speed tight turning, it is easily fixed, go buy a set of skunk2 or top speed coilovers, they pop to the point you think the front suspension is gonna fall off, I have heard them both, the ksports are very small compared to others, do not let a little pop turn you away. I just drove 1300miles in 22 hours and the KSports held up to the worst roads I have ever seen, I am impressed.

Later
Steve

1 - 20 of 33 Posts