Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a lot of your know i ordered a AEM SRI from a 06+ civic Si intake which fit my Element 07... turned out good, attached before and after photos. I did notice a little more pick up and go... and at higher RPM's it sounds a lot deeper than it did.... overall awesome little mod for this car... took roughly an hour to remove and install new intake. For the guys that are not grease monkeys.... i have a DIY video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RisingSun350?feature=mhw4

PS: Throttle Body spacer coming soon!!!

BEFORE

AFTER

~~~(MORE PICS ON MY PROFILE PAGE)~~~~~

·
Registered
556 Posts
that looks awesome now throw on that throttle body spacer :evil:
As a lot of your know i ordered a AEM SRI from a 06+ civic Si intake which fit my Element 07... turned out good, attached before and after photos. I did notice a little more pick up and go... and at higher RPM's it sounds a lot deeper than it did.... overall awesome little mod for this car... took roughly an hour to remove and install new intake. For the guys that are not grease monkeys.... i have a DIY video on youtube.

PS: Throttle Body spacer coming soon!!!

BEFORE

AFTER

~~~(MORE PICS ON MY PROFILE PAGE)~~~~~

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That is exactly how I first positioned the k&n one I had then I turned it to sit behind the battery. Yours looks great on there, sits nice for sure. Glad it worked out for you, now people can see that I was not kidding, now the knock off ones for $40 should be easy for the cheapsters and diyers.
Later

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... spacer coming soon.... intake looks nice and sounds good.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Im happy with it... Waiting for my tax check... have a wish list.

Throttle body spacer
HID dual kit 10k
Custom Megan N1 exhaust
Pioneer Touch Screen
OEM fog lights
Upper Grille (Black)
Lower Grille (Black)
Volt Condenser for HID and audio system

·
Registered
31 Posts
was a MAF relocated to right above the AEM logo ?

So do you feel the money was worth the increase in performance ?

What about fittment issues with the sway bar ?

Like the blue makes it pop. Have you run any 0-60 numbers with the new intake ? My stock is running 10.05 0-60, REALLLY want to start getting that number down.

How does honda feel about intakes reguarding warranty work ?

sorry all the ?'s lol

·
Registered
730 Posts
It looks good!!! 8) Shouldn't it be pointed in the other direction so it can get cooler air or is that the difference between CAI and SRI?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is the difference between CIA and SRI.... short ram pulls air for under the hood and cia pulls cold air from the wheel well or lower bumper...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ahh! Learn something new everyday! :grin:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
was a MAF relocated to right above the AEM logo ? yes the MAF is right above the decal

So do you feel the money was worth the increase in performance ? YES DIFF worth the money
What about fittment issues with the sway bar ? it fits well, just the mount bar doesnt fit, unless you bent it.Like the blue makes it pop. Have you run any 0-60 numbers with the new intake ? My stock is running 10.05 0-60, REALLLY want to start getting that number down. (Honestly I would lov to dyno it post the numbers)

How does honda feel about intakes reguarding warranty work ? I called honda they stated that it will not effect my 100K warranty but if the part i install was the cause it would not cover it!"

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You will want to put the stock airbox on if you take it to the dealer. If you have issues they can deny warranty work on the motor(if the intake caused the issue i.e. hydrolocking). This is a short ram so it shouldn't be an issue.
The honda dealer where i got it... stated it was fine... half the member/staff had mods on their honda's and it doesnt effect their warranty as long as the part installed doesnt effect something else... then it wouldnt be covered.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh yea......... im going crazy b/c i have my new one coming... megan N1 custom exhaust... just waiting for shipping carrier.

plus some other fun mods. evil laugh :evil: coming to an E near u

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My wife is having a fit... but the spacer is coming.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts