Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late in the week we added Darn Tough Socks to our selection of products. If you are an avid sock person (like myself) these are worth a try. As a person who wears wool socks year round, I can personally vouch for their comfort and durability.

Darn tough backs up all of their socks with a Lifetime Guarantee whether they are constructed of high quality Merino Wool or Coolmax. Constructed in Northfield Vermont for the last 30 years, these are technical socks that are as functional as they are good looking.

Darn Tough

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought one pair for test purposes. I normally use the thorlo. I like the Darn tough better, but that is something that will be different for each user. Will let you know when they wear out, but guess that will be awhile. Take a chance and buy a pair for your own consumer testing. best wishes, bill

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found the Darn Toughs to be more comfortable and long wearing than my Smartwools and my former favorite Wigwam Ingenious socks. I worked a job for a while that required my to be in stocking feet for most of my days in clients homes. (out of courtesy) I would consistently wear through smartwool socks, which were my daily socks until I found the Darn Toughs. The ingenious socks are still good but have far less structure to them than Darn Tough, i.e. specific sections to the sock for flex and breathe ability.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have holed a darn tough but I'm hard on socks. I still like them though and wear both them and smartwools year round.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DARN TOUGH VERMONT
364 Whetstone Drive
P.O. Box 307
Northfield, Vermont 05663 Call: 802 485 6066
Toll-free: 877 DARNTUF (327-6883)

Call em up. They will take care of you for sure.

Out of curiosity, how long were they in use. I only ask because I have seen no signs of fatigue yet and I thought that I am tough on socks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
DARN TOUGH VERMONT
364 Whetstone Drive
P.O. Box 307
Northfield, Vermont 05663 Call: 802 485 6066
Toll-free: 877 DARNTUF (327-6883)

Call em up. They will take care of you for sure.

Out of curiosity, how long were they in use. I only ask because I have seen no signs of fatigue yet and I thought that I am tough on socks.
Holed them just above the toes after a month or two of ownership which probably included a few 10 hour bike rides.

I wear out the smartwools at the achilles and in the toes as well. Not disappointed with the darn toughs, just thought it was funny that I holed one pretty fast. And yes my toe nails are cut frequently or I get them ingrown :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts