Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dateline: Cerritos, California
December 6, 2009

For the second year in a row, a small contingent from the So Cal Chapter of the Element Owners Club participated in the 4th Annual Norm Reeves Car Show & Toy Drive in Cerritos, CA. And, for the second year in a row, Chief's, Darth Raider won First Place in the Best Odyssey/Element Catagory. The Darth Raider competed against three Elements and two Odysseys. The proud Element Owner had a smile on his face!

Congratulations Chief!!! :grin:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Honda element

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Sport utility vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Honda element

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
all right chief!! you have THE kickass element!! woooo!!!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Congrats !

the only thing that could make it better is if it was an SOP.........................

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Darth Radier Takes First Place Again!

Congratulations Chief !!!

All I can say is.... STRONG !!!

Pictures do not do this 'E' justice, you have to see this one in person. Every aspect of Darth Raider has been addressed. From the exterior grill, to the antenna tip, the engine to the hood struts, and the interior from the leather seats, to that custom carpeted floor. The attention to detail is beyond belief.
We're proud to have you in our So. Ca. group, and to have you as my friend.
Congratulations Chief, another one for 'The Usual Suspects!'
Jerry and the gang @ SCA

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Thanks guys, I truly appreciate the kind words and they mean a lot to me. When you put as much time, work, and effort into a project like "Darth Raider," it's always nice to be recognized! I had my back against it all the way to Sunday, the day of the show. Besides my man JSmOOth, it was great to see Jay (Emelent) again, and a special guest appearance by Ojay (ADVANELEMENT), himself! You would be shocked at how STOCK his Element looks now, but you would recognize the colors.

The 'one-off' ARC Air Induction Box that I bought from Ojay was merely a beautiful non-functioning proto-type model. I have been work with an engineering shop for the past month to turn it into a totally functional, California legal system. We didn't finish until the day before the show because of a custom stabilizer bracket. The ARC Cooling Plate was just icing on the cake! Ojay got to check it all out and he was pleased with work I put in on it. The whole process was nerve racking, but I am completely happy with the finished results.

My wheels were also last minute and up to the wire. I bought the two-piece forged 20X9.5" DPE's (Dynamic Performance Engineering)from my friend Glen (g$$), and had to have them broken down, repaired, trued, and triple chromed plated, which was a process all of it's own. They didn't know if they were going to be ready in time for the show, but I lucked out with 72 hours to spare! The DPE Crested Center Caps didn't come in, but we'll have those for another time. I ran out and bought the 245X40X20 Toyo Proxes 4's and had them ready when the wheels came back. Riding on 20X9.5's is a different experience, it feels like you're wide-tracking, which is definitely "cool!!!"

When you're trying to pull things of, and just getting them done, you come to recognize that it's truly a team effort. Again, I want thank everyone who helped and those who are continually there for me, and you know exactly who you are! It really does "take a village!"

Chief

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Chief - Another First Place Award? :roll:

This does not surprise me in the least.
I've seen Darth Raider up close and personal - Darth just keeps raising the bar and getting more trick.
In my humble opinion - Darth is truly a functional work of art. 8)

And what about the Odyessy's - where there any trick mini vans at the show?
Love to see um.

Congrats Chief - You da man!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Thanks for coming out, Element owners!

Without you guys, the show wouldn't have been a 'true' Honda show!

Congrats, Chief, and thanks for breakfast! Saved my butt...all that caffeine was making my stomach crazy! Needed the food to settle it down. Haha.
Scott...You are quite welcome, and thank you for being such a great host, you are truly representative of a quality dealership like Norm Reeves Honda. Everything was well organized, to the point, and precisely on schedule. I've participated in many shows over the years and you ALWAYS appreciate the ones that actually go off according to schedule, and that's exactly what you did. I talked to other people there and they pretty much said the same thing. So thanks again for making it happen, and making it memorable!!! ;-)

Chief

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Chief - Another First Place Award? :roll:

This does not surprise me in the least.
I've seen Darth Raider up close and personal and he just keeps raising the bar and getting more slick.
In my humble opinion - Darth is truly a functional work of art. 8)

And what about the Odyessy's - where there any trick mini vans at the show?
Love to see um.

Congrats Chief - You da man!
Gene and Richelle, "Thank you!" This is just my tune-up before I get ready for "Death Valley," I'm still looking for just the right Tear Drop to hook up to "Darth Raider!" :-D hahahahahahahaha I genuinely appreciate the compliment and it means a lot to me.

There was a couple of nice Odysseys, but my camera battery was low, so I didn't get that many pix. I'll have to see if JSmOOth grabbed some nice shots of them.

Are you guys still getting a new Element, I can't wait to see it and what are you going to name it? Miss Ellie has been very good to you and has taken you back and forth across the United States. I'll be looking out for your 'New Arrival!" :-D
Chief

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I'd like to first extend my congrats to my brother Chief (Darth Raider) on his taking first place once again! You know how to kick it up a notch and continue to make DR masterpiece! I know we always say things are a "Work In Progress" but you take it to a whole different level. I commend on your efforts especially under the circumstances you have been under this past year. I do think DR has kept you in a state of wholeness, self well being and over all happiness! You should be proud and give others something to shoot for.
I'd also like to commend Scott at Reeves for his production in this show. He and I have shared emails and he has seen pics of Precious and has also expressed bringing her out. Alas, this will never happen by me as Precious is no more. I'd also like to give ^Fives to all the Socal group in your participation in the Honda group with your meets and gatherings of fellowship. This is something that I lacked on this coast and thus felt like I was the Lone Ranger. I do appreciate you all, all of you welcoming into the charter as an honorary member in abstention. Chief, Jeff, Levan, Barvel, G$$ and so many others have helped me along the way but this is about Darth Raider, my main man! We'll continue to talk on the phone, share emails and I'll continue to watch DR take it's rightful place as one of thee, if not thee baddest Element around and this is to slight no one. Dom, Chief and I have said in other post, my being here is not about the ride, it's about the destination with TRUE friends. AMEN! Last person out his the light switch, chozn has left the room. Shalom!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Chief- Congrads on the win, although I'm certainly not surprised . . . your E is the pinnacle for all of us that are fans of this vehicle and it is good to see your efforts awarded!

And not to take away your thunder, but I'm with Miss Ellie . . . let's see dem Odys- I need some ideas! ;-)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anybody got pics of the competition?
I took a few pictures. However, I did not take any of the Odyessys. They just kind of blended in with everything else. Sorry :-(. But below are a few that I did take :-D:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Scion xb

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Performance car Sports car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Honda

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here are a few more pictures. Enjoy :):
Motor vehicle Vehicle Town Transport Traffic

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Traffic

·