Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had the piece of plastic replaced the goes around the radio. It had a bubble on it and the finish was flaking off they replaced it ofcourse but in the process put two screwdriver marks in the much larger piece that makes up the entire center panel. There not huge but you can see them right above the ac controls. Am I way out of line to ask that this be corrected? Its been awhile since Ive owned a new car kinda bugs me. :?: :?:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called my salesman and told him how I felt, in a very calm way, and he was more than understanding and said bring the car in and he would take care of it. He said you bought a new car and you want a new car he would be the same way. He even told me to bring it to him and he would present it to the service dept. himself. :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
It's not acceptable at all! For a period of 7 weeks in a row, my dealer had to fix gouges on top of gouges they did on my E. I was not happy and i made it clear i did not want to spend the whole summer at your dealership! Finally, they got it right and they threw in a free 10 K maintance valued at $150.

If you bought a new car in, you should get a new car back!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had a problem with my radio and took it to honda for replacement in the proccess they to scratch my E in the exact same spot that you mention.. The service lady said no problem they would order a new piece and replace it. I have thought that when it comes in I might like to put it on my self to avoid anymore dealer applied scratches. anyway i think that the mechanics need to learn to use different tools that just a good old fasion screwdiver when working on the E!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have had many unfortunate experiences with just what you're talking about.

1.bought 2000 acura 1.6 EL. Seat was out of adjustment. they fixed it and scratched the hell out of the centre console. I demanded that they replace it.

2.last week I took my "E" into the dealer for a new strut due to a creaking sound. They had no trouble with that but the "BOOB in the drive-in area tryed to put the key in the wrong spot and marked it up pretty good. When my wife said "watch it your scratching my car" He said "WHat a dah...."

3.Took my acura in for a new fuel guage-they bubble you know. Because it had happened b4 I told them I would put it in myself. They said NO WAY and that it is unheard of to allow a customer to do Warranty work. :? It is just impossible. I told them that I had done it once already myself under warranty but they persisted. I gave in, :x and warned them not to scratch the top of the steering wheel because I would not accept that. They scratched the hell out of it and did not think I would notice.
The new part is going in on Thusday of this week.

Most people at the dealership know less than the customer when it comes to they're own cars. It seems we have to pay close attentiopn to what they do. Apparently telling them in advance what they're going to screw up is of no benefit :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hate that s### when you take something in and they mess it up even more . if thats what i wanted i would let my wife do it . Im pretty young but i decided a few years ago i will not take anything off anyone and idon't
everyone needs to stand up for them selves

1 - 10 of 10 Posts