Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to spice up the new-to-me 2011 EX I bought. I'm trying to find the fog lamps dash light, and the washer fluid low light. I've looked through the owners manual, no luck. I have the tech manuals, they say both are LED's in the gauge pod.

Anyone know where?

My plan is to install a Canadian washer tank with the level switch and wire it in to either the proper LED if it exists, or connect it to the fog lamp indicator, I'm never putting them in anyway.

I thought of running 12vdc through the fog light connector to see if it would light, or hoping Honda didn't cheap out and ran the wire from the dash to the washer bottle. Sadly, I can't check either of these things without pulling off the front clip, which I won't do until the weather breaks

·
Registered
2009 SC MRP
283 Posts
The fog lamps dash light

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 SC MRP
283 Posts
When you bridge the green/black wire (gauge connector) against the ground, the lamp (washer fluid low light) should light up. I would not be surprised if the cable for the water tank level switch is installed. Do you have the part number for it? Your project sounds interesting ....:-D

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
My plan at this point is simple, Buy a Canadian washer tank that has the switch, make sure it works, pull the front clip, hope that the wiring for the switch is there, install, hope everything works.

If there is no wiring at the tank, run a wire from the switch to the fog lamp wire.

Then replace the horn and add a gutter guard lower grill. Of course, nothing happens until it's above freezing outside.

·
Registered
2009 SC MRP
283 Posts
The Gauge Connector:

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 SC MRP
283 Posts

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts

·
Registered
2009 SC MRP
283 Posts
Oh,thank you, I overlooked that. One letter is different.

U.S. bottle 76840-SCV-A01
Canada bottle 76840-SCV-C01

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
When you bridge the green/black wire (gauge connector) against the ground, the lamp (washer fluid low light) should light up. I would not be surprised if the cable for the water tank level switch is installed. Do you have the part number for it? Your project sounds interesting ....:-D
If you look closely at the pages from the manual you have attached it states Canada model.

There are differences in the wiring, gauges and ECU. Adding the low washer indicator is not as simple as hooking up a couple of wires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.