Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, just picked up an 08 E. Going through the new vehicle rundown. In preparation for the diff fluid change Im wandering whats the difference between the hond dpsf2 and the eneos import dpsf it says it was formulated specifically for honda and Acura that use the dpsf2 has anyone tried it, or have more info for comparison?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element LX
26 Posts
I ran the Eneos in my last element for 1000 miles before it got totaled and didn't hear or have any issues. But for the price of one quart of the Honda brand stuff its worth it just to use the Honda brand to not encounter any future problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they are around the same price. Just that the eneos is more readily available. Most of the parts stores here are starting to stock it. I just hate having to haggle with dealerships. I'd read H&A was the place to get all the maintenance fluids, but they're gone now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I do now. They want to try and charge me $14 a bottle though. Well 2 of the dealerships I went to. Started looking elsewhere after. I'll just have to do an online order and wait it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just went through the same process and ended up buying most of the fluids and parts on Amazon. I did check with my local dealer on the price of coolant, figuring that would be a good indicator since it's a heavy item to ship, so the dealer price should be significantly better. It wasn't. So I just avoided the hassles and hit the easy button. Everything arrived within 3 or 4 days (including the Honda Dual Pump Fluid 2).

The only item I didn't purchase on Amazon was spark plugs, based on the apparently high potential for counterfeit NGK plugs. I bought those at the local auto parts store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts