Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry, know there are other threads, but got no response. Found this unit which allows you to use any light for DRLs and it includes a power reducer. Installs with only 4 wires. It says its completely safe, but would appreciate any "opinions". Have link to installations instructions below. Need to know which headlight wire to splice into and what system does Honda use. Thanks.

http://www.aea-isi.com/drlinstall.htm

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Rather than going with something like that, I would highly recommend doing the DRL mod as posted in the DIY forum.

Honestly, I know for a fact the mod works fine, don't have a clue about the instructions you've posted.
I dont have the expertise to do your mod, dont understand schematics:confused:,and you said you're not sure if it works for the '08 model. I'm still not sure if I want my DRLs to be the headlight or fogs or parking lights, this module "works" with any, so they claim. Was wondering about headlight systems, "positive", "negative" or "double-negative", does anyone know what the E uses? If this works, its alot simpler and can be used by more members who dont have your talents.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
If you want simple, this is the simplest way to do what you're wanting to do.
But, if you're hell bent on installing that module, the Element's lights are what they are referring to as "negative-switching -Diag. 3A".

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want simple, this is the simplest way to do what you're wanting to do.
But, if you're hell bent on installing that module, the Element's lights are what they are referring to as "double-negative".
Thanks bh241, I kinda knew you'd figure it out, after reading some of your posts.:lol: Will study install again, and if I feel confident, will order sometime next week. I know you're a "hands-on" type of person, but I'm not as skilled as you. What seems like childs play to you, is like a "Rubik" cube to me. If this works, I'm sure they'll be alot more grateful members. It costs around $40, but you don't have figure out where to put what relay or figure what wire to cut. Just have to splice one wire, two grounds and one connection at fuse box. Never could do anything like this without help from members like you. Mahalo!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I went back and looked at your instructions, and the Element's lights are not the described 'double-negative' like I said, but they are the type described as 'negative switching' in diagram 3A.

Again, I do think the 'DRL-lite' link I posted would do what you're after not only easier, but a good bit cheaper too. You can get the relay, wire and connectors form any Radio Shack or auto parts store for $10.00 or less.

It will do the same thing, turn the headlights on when the ignition switch is in the "II" (RUN) position. The lights will be off (unless you turn the headlight switch on) any other time. Normal operation of the lights is otherwise not affected.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered AEA DRL module. Also ordered wiring harness, that way I don't have to splice into original wires, just in case I make a mistake. When installed will let you know if it works as advertised. Will post pictures. If it doesn't work, will just let you know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts