Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not while driving, No. I have seen some cars when you started the car and left it engaged in park or had the parking brake on, the DRL's would go off. I am assuming if your car is a manual the lights will probably be on all the time while the car is running. You would have to do some "creative wiring" to get them to turn off and overide the safety feature.

·
Registered
12 Posts
easier way and I do this with all my Hondas. Go to the fuse box and pull out the DRL fuse. that's it. All my Hondas ranging from 1990 to 2007 don't have DRL, heehee. Waste of bulb usage!
but for safety concerns, during rain or snow, make sure to turn on your lights even during the day

·
Registered
428 Posts
easier way and I do this with all my Hondas. Go to the fuse box and pull out the DRL fuse. that's it. All my Hondas ranging from 1990 to 2007 don't have DRL, heehee. Waste of bulb usage!
but for safety concerns, during rain or snow, make sure to turn on your lights even during the day
Well, at least for 2009 DRL fuse is together with TPMS, if you pull this 10A fuse, TPMS will cease function & TPMS light will remain light on the dash. I believe it could be same for 2010.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, at least for 2009 DRL fuse is together with TPMS, if you pull this 10A fuse, TPMS will cease function & TPMS light will remain light on the dash. I believe it could be same for 2010.
Yes, you are correct. I just did it last week and the DRL and TPMS light came on. Damn! All my other older civics and crx have pulled DRL fuse. Honda caught up to us I guess.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I pulled the DRL and DRL relay fuses (mine is a 2004 so no other circuits are disabled with those fuses out) because I have a VVME HID kit installed and it does not work with the DRL system. I simply turn my headlights on manually during the day.

I had considered doing some research into wiring the fog lamps into the DRL system but I don't really want to go tinkering with the DRL circuit and potentially cause problems. Besides, the DRL control unit supplies reduced voltage to the DRL circuit which causes the high beams to operate at reduced brightness and if I was going to have the fog lights on whenever the truck is running, I'd want them at full brightness.

·
Registered
198 Posts
new guy here...first post actually.
i have a 2010 sc and i am interested in running my drl's all the time, even when the high/low beams are on. any way to rewire, or move a fuse or something?
sounds weird i know, but i put yellow highbeam bulbs in the drl housings and they resemble an old acura vigor i had with jdm headlights that had yellow foglights integrated into the headlight housing in the same place as the drl's in my element.
its kind of a throwback to the early 90's jdm style. not that i am a jdm freak, but i do appreciate certain aspects of it, and this is one of them. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
198 Posts
so.....no?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts