Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
that looks great, are you also removing the H honda emblem from the front of the car, was there any outline of paint fade after removing the emblems from the rear?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that looks great, are you also removing the H honda emblem from the front of the car, was there any outline of paint fade after removing the emblems from the rear?
Thanks! I have all my plastics bed lined so I bed lined the H on the front as well. There was a little bit of what I believe is called 鈥済hosting鈥 but after a couple buffs over with some good wax it鈥檚 blended and you can鈥檛 tell they were ever there!

Registered
Thanks! I have all my plastics bed lined so I bed lined the H on the front as well. There was a little bit of what I believe is called 鈥済hosting鈥 but after a couple buffs over with some good wax it鈥檚 blended and you can鈥檛 tell they were ever there!
Bedlined???...what did you do and how is that holding up? I was planning on trying to dye mine.

Registered
Cool can you post a pic of the front badge

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bedlined???...what did you do and how is that holding up? I was planning on trying to dye mine.
yup, I removed all the plastics and used Hurculiner and did 2 passes over everything, been about 6 months and it still looks pretty much new. It started to lose its shine a bit, I'm thinking some ForeverBlack might make it hold its shine but its not that high on my priority list

Registered
yup, I removed all the plastics and used Hurculiner and did 2 passes over everything, been about 6 months and it still looks pretty much new. It started to lose its shine a bit, I'm thinking some ForeverBlack might make it hold its shine but its not that high on my priority list
Did you use the paint on or spray cans? I was thinking of getting some plastic prep and professional plastic dye....do you think that would be better? Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you use the paint on or spray cans? I was thinking of getting some plastic prep and professional plastic dye....do you think that would be better? Thanks.
depends on the look your going for. I used the roll on which comes with a special roller that gives it that rough texture. Honestly this was relatively inexpensive (about 100 dollars, order a big bag of clips cause you'll inevitably break a few getting all the plastics off) really easy to do and literally no maintenance. I've never used the dye myself but I've heard mixed things about it. If I was doing it again I would do the same thing

Registered
depends on the look your going for. I used the roll on which comes with a special roller that gives it that rough texture. Honestly this was relatively inexpensive (about 100 dollars, order a big bag of clips cause you'll inevitably break a few getting all the plastics off) really easy to do and literally no maintenance. I've never used the dye myself but I've heard mixed things about it. If I was doing it again I would do the same thing
I contacted SEM today to get their take on it. Will let you know what I find out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts